Pistons for my 4.6 DOHC

poisoned apple

Established Member
Sooo pistons.. I'm looking on summit racing for some forged pistons for my 96 Cobra and I really don't know what to get. I'm just lost. Can I get some help? Suggestions? And I wanta keep my same 11:1 compression ratio. If that has anything to do with pistons lol

fourvalvegt

Established Member
I dont know what pistons off the shelf will give you an 11:1 compression ratio, are cars were just over 10 to 1 but I have dealt with probe, cp, manley, mahle, and je. All of these have gone nines in cars that I have built but I would personally rate them as
manley
cp
je
probe
and then mahle.
the manley has a pretty thick skirt on it and helps prevent them from collapsing. the probes collapse extremely easily and the mahle just are junk and cant take heat at all pretty well

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
96-98 Cobra had 9.8 to 1 compression stock.

Flat tops will give you around 10.8 to 1. If the engine is to be n/a and kept under 7500rpm I recommend the Mahles as they are high quality and inexpensive. Diamonds are about the best, JEs are good also as are CPs. Probe...no comment, never used them.

poisoned apple

Established Member
It's 9.8 to 1? Haha my bad. Thanks! Still kinda confused but I know everyone doesn't agreed on everything. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread