Piston noise before warmed up..?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Hey guys this may sound weird but I had this same noise and I just recently swapped to a lethal h pipe and a gt500 Pcv valve both at the same time and have not heard the noise since. I have a feeling it has something to do with the Pcv valve being more restrictave and not allowing so much oil to push through the intake.

call me nuts timmy, but i dont think thats it. (the car made the sound prior to the GT500 PCV, and my full exhaust.)

Ford thinks its a bad VCT soleniod, ill find out today when i pick her up.

UWISHU1

Honey Badger
Established Member
subscribing, my engine taps/clicks/rattles upon cold start up.
oh and the trans whines too, GO FORD!!

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
subscribing, my engine taps/clicks/rattles upon cold start up.
oh and the trans whines too, GO FORD!!

they are replacing all four of my VCT solenoids and the said they have to change the wire harness because they are newer designed solenoids.

lpheaven

Established Member
I realized I'm bringing this thread WAY back from the dead, but how did this turn out for you? Fix the problem?

I am interested as well. On my 12 Boss, since the 1st oil change on cold startup only, i would here a tap-tap-tap untill the motor warmed up enough where the needle started to move.
I chalked it to to either the stretchy belt TSB or piston slap. I have 14k on the motor and its no better-no worse. I let it warm up til the temp needle starts to move. Car runs like a ****in champ.

Users who are viewing this thread