Pics of my on3 4v turbo install

Ortiz99

Established Member
Mine is going to be delivered today by the nice UPS guy :). My buddy told me it will be alot better if i take out the oil pan and have it drilled then welding the fitting. Any thoughts of this?

Oh btw, it would be alot better if you press enter after every picture. It'll make the page original size instead of scrolling to the right.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Mine is going to be delivered today by the nice UPS guy :). My buddy told me it will be alot better if i take out the oil pan and have it drilled then welding the fitting. Any thoughts of this?

Oh btw, it would be alot better if you press enter after every picture. It'll make the page original size instead of scrolling to the right.
I took my oil pan out to do it and it went fine like that. If nothing else it gives you piece of mind.

Ohh and thanks for the help with the pics! hahahaha I was wandering why the hell it did that.:banana:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
did u say you had to do a little grinding on QA1? if so do you have any pics of this cause i was looking at doing this myself.
Yea I had to grind very little off of the lower driver side rear mount. It's where the pipe connects to the driver side and 180's back toward the front of the car. Right in the bend of the pipe it was hitting the k member and causing the pipe to not seal good on the manifold.

I'll try to get pics tommorow. It's no big deal tho, nothing to worry about at all.

Jay

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
Where are you located in Louisiana? I'd like to come check the kit out if you're somewhat close.

01cobrajm

Established Member
366.jpg

367.jpg

369.jpg

363.jpg

370.jpg

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Sorry for not keeping up with my thread lately but ive been busy with yard work and waiting on some parts to finish up this kit. Ive got my intercooler mounted and all of the piping is done! I had hell getting the a/c lines bent around enuff to get a air filter mounted on the turbo but i got it.I called mike at on3 and asked about a bracket to support the turbo and he sent me one free of charge so thats good,now the turbo will be supported.Ive got to weld the MAF bracket to the pipe instead of tapping it for those screws and its done. Pics will be up sometime today!

JAY

97LaserRed

Fresh
Established Member
can you turn your wheel to full lock without rubbing the piping in the inner fender?? ( where it wraps around the k member??)

01cobrajm

Established Member
I know its tight, but would it still touch the kmember if you removed the wrap in those areas?

I tried it with no wrap and it would be a rattling nightmare, so i re-wrapped it, the horse shoe pipe hits the bolts, both sides of the rear mount and one of the tubes i took a pic of. I grinded and tweaked everything still didnt help.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Ive got my kit almost completly done now and im just waiting on my friend to weld the MAF bung to the pipe and im firing it up today! YAY heres a couple pics
1273154932.jpg

1273155066.jpg

Im no longer N/A!

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Did you have trouble aligning the intercooler or was it not in its final location in the picture? Everything looks good though. Good luck with getting her started today.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Did you have trouble aligning the intercooler or was it not in its final location in the picture? Everything looks good though. Good luck with getting her started today.
HAHAHA i knew someone would notice! The cold side pipe was very low to the ground and when i pulled it up the pipe was almost too short so i mounted the intercooler more towards the driver side so it would reach fine.:banana: It dont look too bad in person tho,it works for me!:rockon:

JAY

Users who are viewing this thread