Pics of my on3 4v turbo install

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Hey fellas, i know theres a couple of these already but i havent found any 4v kit installs with pics so i figure ill contribute some. I started on my kit yesterday eavening and worked on it for about 5 houre and worked on it for about 3 hours today and i have all of the piping (hot and cold) ran into place exept for the intercooler.Im making me some mounts for it in the morning and then ill mount it up. Everything has fit great exept for one piece and that was the pipe that connects to the driver side manifold and it wasnt a big deal.Just had to grind a little off the corner of the k member, paint it black and bolt it back up. Any how heres a few pics of what i have got so far!

1272244692.jpg
1272244647.jpg
1272244566.jpg
1272244511.jpg
1272244439.jpg
1272244373.jpg
1272251935.jpg
so far so good! Any body have any advice feel free to help a brother out! LOL! Im new at installing turbo's but it going good.I have to drill and tap the pan and im not really sure of where or how the best way of doing that is so some help would be nice please.

Thanks guys and ill update this daily

JAY:rockon:

Last edited:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Yea man im exited! I figured it would take two weeks to get it done but at this rate ill be done in a few days. I think ill just run 8lbs for now and i figure that should put me around 480 at the wheels maybe?? :banana:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Everything looks good, keep up the good work. Ill be ordering my kit this week so let me know how everything fits together with final fitment. Thanks

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Everyones ordering the O3P kits these days. It seems like a easy install though. Good luck and cant wait to see some results.

Are you on stock motor?

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
looks awesome, good luck, when tapping the pan, most people i have seen take a threading head and put it on a power drill then obvious drill into the pan and thread in the tap...and then clean out your oil pan because i am sure you dont want all that crap floating around, if you go easy enough nothign should even get into the pan..gl

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Everyones ordering the O3P kits these days. It seems like a easy install though. Good luck and cant wait to see some results.

Are you on stock motor?

Yea I am currently on the stock long block but I'm getting all the stuff I need gathered up to build me a boost friendly short block. Once I get the motor built I'll have to upgrade the fuel and then I'm uping the boost!

Thanks for all the good words guys!

Mustang Matt

Established Member
I just ordered a kit through my tuner and we're going to try to make it work on a non-hellion MM k-member. It will probably be a few weeks but I'll report back with details.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Looking good ... Do you think the fans will hit the turbo ? What spring rate do you have for the coil overs?
I may could get the oem fan to work with a little work but I think I'm going to go with a couple small fans to go in there. I can't remember what rate springs I got but it rides good. Hahaha

Did you go with the default turbo or upgrade to one of the other options?
I went went with the on3 turbo for now and later on I'll upgrade to somethin bigger and better!

This has probably been asked 500 times but will this kit work with a MM K member made for a Hellion kit?
from my knowledge of this kit so far I couldn't tell you for sure but I think I could be done but would take more modifications and headaches! Lol!

Im glad the v-bands look stronger that was bothering me .. Hopefully these are improved
These v bands kick ass! When they get tight they are TIGHT!

Last edited:

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
your supposed to punch the pan...not drill it

Yea that's what they say to do but there's not much room there to be swingin a hammer and even after that the tap will leave shavings in the pan. So I just took the oil pan out and done it earlier. Now I have peace of mind about it.

I'll post some pics of it tommorow!

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Looking good ... Do you think the fans will hit the turbo ? What spring rate do you have for the coil overs?
I may could get the oem fan to work with a little work but I think I'm going to go with a couple small fans to go in there.

Did you go with the default turbo or upgrade to one of the other options?
I went went with the on3 turbo for now and later on I'll upgrade to somethin bigger and better!

This has probably been asked 500 times but will this kit work with a MM K member made for a Hellion kit?
from my knowledge of this kit so far I couldn't tell you for sure but I think I could be done but would take more modifications and headaches! Lol!

Im glad the v-bands look stronger that was bothering me .. Hopefully these are improved
These v bands kick ass! When they get tight they are TIGHT!

bad01cobra

Established Member
Yea that's what they say to do but there's not much room there to be swingin a hammer and even after that the tap will leave shavings in the pan. So I just took the oil pan out and done it earlier. Now I have peace of mind about it.

I'll post some pics of it tommorow!

you put axel grease on it do 2-3 threads and take it back out clean it re lube it and do it again and you will not get anything in the pan plus when you use the punch it bends the metal in giving you more to tap and hold the fitting in place

Users who are viewing this thread