Pics of my new 335/30/18 Toyo Proxes

Mustang Matt

Established Member
This is my in progress 96 turbo cobra.

Got these 335/30/18s mounted and balanced on Ruff Racing 278 wheels (11.25" rears) right before the snow and haven't driven on them yet. Car has coil overs in the back so I can adjust the height as I get more comfortable with them. No tailpipes and it's got a MM panhard/torque arm setup so no quad shocks. I used a 1/4" spacer because they seemed really close to the parking brake brackets, but I may modify the brackets and ditch the spacers. Car also has inner and outer fenders rolled.

IMG_4027.jpg

IMG_4025.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg

RSbeast

Established Member
Where did you get 11.5" ones from? Price?

I have 9.5" ones and I thought that was as wide as they got.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Looks good!

Dont tell me that car sits outside and the beater has the privilege to be inside the garage?

Mustang Matt

Established Member
Looks good!

Dont tell me that car sits outside and the beater has the privilege to be inside the garage?

Unfortunately. Just during the winter though. 3 car garage and 4 cars and I didn't want to scrape ice off the glass every morning!

those are huge. more pics!

I'll get it all waxed up this week and post some more.

Damn I miss that car! Looks good Matt. When you going to get it dynoed?

Well it's finally thawing here so I'll probably swap the computer tomorrow and upload the tune and see if that fixes the odd problems I've been seeing. If it does I'll finish the tune and hit the dyno. If it doesn't, it means there's something wrong with the O2 wiring and I'll have to track it down. Really hoping the computer does the trick.

Last edited:

yuke175

Established Member
how did you go about rolling the fenders? any problems with paint cracking?

Mustang Matt

Established Member
I don't believe I did any splicing or cutting on the 02 sensors.

Yah, I'm pretty sure it's going to end up being the computer. I think it's on the way out. I would have swapped it out tonight but we had company over.

how did you go about rolling the fenders? any problems with paint cracking?

poisonpony96 actually rolled the fenders on this car. I've done it on my other car with an eastwood fender roller and I did have paint cracking problems even with using a heatgun. $800 later the fenders are repainted.

poisonpony96

Established Member
I rolled the fender think I used pliers and a hammer just took it slow. just like I did my car now yeah there is cracking but up underneath plus had plans on repainting that car but.

Last edited:

Mustang Matt

Established Member
Grabbed another shot tonight. Tried a new computer but it turns out, even if computers are binary compatible they aren't necessarily hardware compatible... I was running on 6 cylinders, so back to the drawing board. Anyone have an LLX3 or LLX4 computer laying around?

IMG_4029.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread