Pics of my boxer puppy

blowngt

Established Member
how big can boxers get?

70-80 lbs for a male, 45-60 lbs for a female is pretty normal.

I think they're considered a "medium" size dog. My male is on the large side, and he's about 80#'s.

Another thing, they never grow up!!! My 5 year old male still runs around like he's a puppy. They have so much energy it's rediculous.....

04spinbra

Established Member
seriously... has did?

beautiful dog, hope to pick one up someday. sorry about being a grammar nazi, but i don't think there has ever been a situation in the hisory of our language when "has did" was an grammatically acceptable phrase.

did, done same thing!!! its acceptable to me so life goes on oh well!!

As far as I know, boxers aren't a very vocal breed. My 80# male will stare you down, but he won't bark. Most people are freaked out because of the stare down. My 45# female thinks she's a bad ass and barks at everything.

I often wonder what would happen if someone broke into my house because he is so friendly......

yeah mine dont bark that much except once or twice to let you know she there!!! the ups man couldnt believe the stare he asked me if she was going to attack i was like no just dont come in the yard!! haha thinking in my head the lick down attack!!:burnout:

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
Great looking pup! A few asked about guard/watch dogs. In my opinion a nonagressive dog that has a very loud bark and a protective nature is best. My lab/shepard mix 70 pounds female has a bark like a police dog but wont really hurt an intruder (i think) This might be best, dont want any innocents getting eaten up.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
Boxers are the bomb. Great looking dogs guys.
Here is Brock my 6 yr old Brindle, He barks like a mo fo. More like a scream/howel
brock1.gif

mybabes.gif

LOL, Maddy my Pug too

Last edited:

OH3GT

Shut Up And Lift
Established Member
Great looking pup! A few asked about guard/watch dogs. In my opinion a nonagressive dog that has a very loud bark and a protective nature is best. My lab/shepard mix 70 pounds female has a bark like a police dog but wont really hurt an intruder (i think) This might be best, dont want any innocents getting eaten up.

egh I am looking for a dog that is obedient and ruthless. maybe i should be looking into german sheppards?? You guys are making boxer's seem like golden retrievers... haha I want the best of both worlds but def. more "bad" than "good", nice brendle boxer tho.

I really want a boxer but you guys are kind of losing my interest in em.... :nonono:

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member
Boxers are the bomb. Great looking dogs guys.
Here is Brock my 6 yr old Brindle, He barks like a mo fo. More like a scream/howel
brock1.gif

mybabes.gif

LOL, Maddy my Pug too

I had to look twice to make sure you didnt steal my boxer.......they look allot alike.

boo.jpg

wvmystichrome

Established Member
She's beuatiful. I love Boxers. My mom had one until mom passed away and then we inherited her. She was just such a baby. Always happy and would love what ever attention we gave her. Take good care of her.

blowngt

Established Member
egh I am looking for a dog that is obedient and ruthless. maybe i should be looking into german sheppards?? You guys are making boxer's seem like golden retrievers... haha I want the best of both worlds but def. more "bad" than "good", nice brendle boxer tho.

I really want a boxer but you guys are kind of losing my interest in em.... :nonono:

I haven't come across anyone that looks at my male and doesn't approach him with some hesitation. His stare is enough to make you think twice about getting to close, but it'slike 04spinbra said, they're planning the lick attack.

Aggression
The Boxer by nature is not an aggressive or vicious breed. Many uneducated about the breed assume because of the tough look and sturdy structure of the breed that they are aggressive animals. The Boxer naturally prefers to play and work. They do make excellent watchdogs in that they will bark at strangers and protect their family if need be. In fact, the most difficult of Schutzhund training for the breed is passing the required attack sequence of the training where the Boxer must attack a trainer poised as an attacker

This pretty much describes my expierence with this breed.

http://www.boxer-dog.org/item/9

While they don't have the size and reputation to intimidate like a Rotti, I'll take my boys every day of the week and twice on sunday......

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
I had like 5 diffrent boxers growing up. once i find a house we will be getting a black/brown dobie and a brindle boxer.. both females.

04 GT

Established Member
Nice looking Boxers to all. I have a 4 month old male Fawn Boxer 22# (Rocco) and my wife and I love the little guy, he is great with kids.
Check out Boxerworld.com tons of info about the breed.

Last edited:

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member

Trust me on this. We lived in Memphis for a year and half. Places around us we getting broke into like crazy before we got out, but they never messed with our place. I still say to this day that it had allot to do with having our boxer. Most people always ask if he will bite. If boxers would have a full tail they would be deadly, thankfully they only have a nub. Our boxer is so great around kids, he is so protective over my son.

Would you come walking into a place with a 70# boxer?

eaglesnick

Established Member
Nice looking Boxers to all. I have a 4 month old male Fawn Boxer 22# (Rocco) and my wife and I love the little guy, he is great with kids.
Check out Boxerworld.com tons of info about the breed.

Rocco seems a bit small, my boxer just turned 4 months old and weighs 32 pounds.:shrug:

04 GT

Established Member
Rocco seems a bit small, my boxer just turned 4 months old and weighs 32 pounds.:shrug:

Not small, he is super lean. I am starting to bulk him up by adding raw meat to his diet twice a week. Rocco runs about 5 miles with me every day.

Users who are viewing this thread