Pics of my AFS 18x10.5 Chrome 03 Wheels with 335s

RGrossman

Established Member
I got my AFS 18x9 and 18x10.5 Chrome wheels mounted. I had to shave the bolt and run a 1/4" spacer and the driver side hits the IRS subframe hard in the air. I seem to have much less clearance on the driver side. Passenger side on the ground, I have a 1/4" from the IRS subframe, driver side an 1/8". Does anyone know if this will increase with H&R springs installed? I'm hoping it will giv eme more clearance. Here are the pics... Tire sits inside fender by 1/4" and this is with a 1/4" spacer.

c01.JPG

c02.JPG

c03.JPG

c04.JPG

c05.JPG

c06.JPG

c07.JPG

c08.JPG

c09.JPG

c10.JPG

Last edited:

RGrossman

Established Member
Car is dirty as its raining here since I put the wheels on. Didnt even whipe the mounting grease off the tires yet :(

Ystang99gt

Established Member
The car looks amazing!! As far as the H&R springs helping, I think they might cause more harm than anything. Maybe someone else can chime in and give you a clear answer. I know someone on the board runs 335 on ssr gt3 rims and i don't think he has any clearence issues.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Originally posted by RGrossman
...I seem to have much less clearance on the driver side.
Welcome to my world! :-D The passenger side of my car has about double the IRS clearance that my driver's side has. It's pretty common. It sucks...especially when every 1/8" counts when trying to fit those big meats out back!!! :(

Your car looks great! :thumbsup:

-Greg

Last edited:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Car does look great. Thinking of those tires for the rear myself. Although, got pretty used to the traction with DR's!

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Does anyone know if lowering will increase clearance or decrease clearance from the IRS subframe?
I saw you asked that in another thread. Most people have said that they had more clearance after they lowered their car. People with 17 x10.5" wheels have posted that if they lowered their car about an inch, they didn't even need to run spacers any more.

RGrossman......are you driving your car around with 1/8" of IRS clearance? I test fit some tires that only had 1/8" clearance to the IRS frame (when the car was on the ground) and I was afraid to drive it. But now I wonder if that would have been fine.

Hey...I used to live right outside of Lansdale! :-D

-Greg

Last edited:

missile man

Established Member
SUUUUWWWEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTT!!!!!! I am going with the same rim setup later this year once the BFG KDWs come out in the 295 30's.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Re: Re: Pics of my AFS 18x10.5 Chrome 03 Wheels with 335s

Originally posted by Top_Fuel
Welcome to my world! :-D The passenger side of my car has about double the IRS clearance that my driver's side has. It's pretty common. It sucks...especially when every 1/8" counts when trying to fit those big meats out back!!! :(

Your car looks great! :thumbsup:

-Greg

Interesting, for my 96 I have much less clearance on the passenger side with 315s.

Car looks awesome man.

RGrossman

Established Member
I am driving around with 1/8" clearance from IRs subframe on drivers side. HAs yet to rub and I have been steering into big bumps. I guess the tire doesnt move inward much.

I think lowering will help alot as the tire will then sit above the IRS subframe due to the springs...

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
I am driving around with 1/8" clearance from IRS subframe on drivers side...
As the rear suspension is compressed, the wheels supposedly arc away slightly from the frame due to the action of the IRS control arms. If you look at the inner sidewall clearance while a couple of people climb into the trunk to weigh the springs down, you can see it for yourself.
Anyway...it's interesting to know that 1/8" works OK. :beer:

-Greg

03TorchRedCobra

Been around
Established Member
I have Michelin 335s on the back but have not put the Steeda lowering springs on yet. I expect I will have more room with it lowered. Actually the bolt is not a factor with the 18s since the bolt is so far below the tire. I plan to put the springs on next month when I replace the IRS bushings. Waiting for warmer weather.

Torch
bigtires_001a.jpg

Last edited:

Hye

Established Member
gosh damn your car is beautiful! :rockon: love the color combos!

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
fronts look like they have more sidewall than the rears. was that intended? still looks great, no doubt.

*edit* damn, didn't realize how old this thread is

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread