Pics of blower removal

BOOOOST

Established Member
Originally posted by mjchip
Well, about 45 minutes and then I got stuck. So, I called Don at Modular Madness and he gave me a BIG pointer. Ten minutes later it was apart. Took about the same to reinstall.

Yeah, what 03DarkShadow asked!

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DarkShadow
What did u get stuck on? If you dont mind me asking. So us guys who havent removed the blower wont get stuck? lol

Got a nickel? :) j/k

The intercooler is attached to the bottom of the supercharger assembly. Before this assembly can be removed from the lower intake manifold, the IC coolant adapter on the front of the lower intake manifold must be removed.

In order to remove the IC coolant adapter without disassembling the entire front drive assemblies you need to remove all of the lower intake manifold bolts with the supercharger still attached.

You can then use a pry bar to lift the entire lower intake manifold/blower assy so that you can remove the IC coolant adapter. Once this is removed, you can let assembly drop back down, remove the 10 bolts that fasten the supercharger to the lower intake manifold, and finally lift out the s/c.

Hope this helps the next fool with too much time on his/her hands...... :burnout:

MJ

2003snake

Established Member
Originally posted by mjchip
Hey Folks,

In case you're interested in what our car looks like with the blower removed, check out these pics. The reason I removed the huffer was as my wife says, "I have too much time on my hands." But seriously, the reason I did it was that I was curious how much oil has been ingested over the last 9500 miles.

MJ

Here is PIC1:

Where did you get the fuel pressure guage from?

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
MJChip how did you mount your water temp sensor?

Had a machinist friend machine me an adapter out of a brass plug that I got at the local plumbing store. I then installed the sensor in the coolant crossover tube's fill plug.

MJ

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
I really hate it when you search up an old post or in this case a recent post and it has the info you need but the links no longer work!. Aaagh!.. It's like finding a favorite movie and the sound track is missing!. Aaaghh!

TTT! (Maybe this post should be archived once the pics are restored)

-Brian.

Users who are viewing this thread