Pics of 1" spacers on stock 17x9's???

cobracide

Established Member
just think of it as a prybar...a longer pry bar has more leverage, well with the wheel sticking out further it wears harder on the bearings/bushings,etc., also many people claim that they aren't as strong...but I've never seen one break...

Exactly, getting some quality ARP wheel studs is peace of mind.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
here is my car on the stock wheels with a 1" spacer and stock springs.

DSC03450.jpg

DSC03440.jpg

cobraass.jpg

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
Looks great guys, waiting on some paypal info for a pair of H&R's from a different forum. I'll make sure to post pics after I put them on.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
just to give you an idea.. i know i dont put out the power you guys do.. Now i dont DD my car either, but ive had 1'' spacers on my car for about a year without any problems and have been autocrossing with them on, and i will continue to do so this summer with stickier tires..

So i think you guys will be good to go

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
Put them on this weekend and I'm very pleased with the outcome. The car looks so much better. I'll try to get some pics up tonight, my cameras giving me fits.

Loco03SVT

Established Member
It makes a huge difference on the appearance from the rear.....but it still doesn't solve the major traction issues I have trying to get 475+rwhp to the ground with a set of 275's. I sense a set of M/T DR's in my near future.....

ReCoil

Let it eat!
Established Member
now i'm tempted to just get 1" spacers instead of spending $700 on new 10.5" rears w/tires

Trust me man, you want the 10.5's. With the spacers, it gives a similar look, but nothing says "I can kick your ass" like a set of fat meats out back. That's the number one reason I went with 10.5's is to fill out that rear end with some rubber!

KILRSVT

Established Member
wow..what a diffrence in the stance....my thought is that it will shorten wheel bearing life but reading here it seems like there is not much damaged done...i think i might be getting a set as well...

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
Next up for me is a set of DR's now that the stance is ok for now. I want 10.5's but I'm going to save for a set of True Forged or CCW's.

Black306

Established Member
even with 10.5 you still need spacers

+1 You definitely do..

Not always. I ran with LFP 3/8 spacers for a while, until I realized the tire would rub the fender with a passenger and some luggage in the trunk. After that, I removed the spacers and the tires haven't rubbed since. Only time the tire barely touches my MM low profile bolts is when I jack the car off the ground. Since I don't jump the car often, I don't worry about it driving around.

Users who are viewing this thread