Pics - just finished polished exhaust

justice

Established Member
Followed "04sleeper" post.
Works great and not that hard.

Also used 2000 grit wet sand on magnaflow tips that were yellow from heat and covered with molton rubber. Came out like new.

justice

pipes002.gif

pipes001.gif
[/IMG]

ready to install here.

shaftinst003.jpg

03mgtermi

Established Member
my, what a beautiful undercarriage you have! i especially like that polished drive shaft - how'd you do that?

justice

Established Member
my, what a beautiful undercarriage you have! i especially like that polished drive shaft - how'd you do that?

Thanks

I think it was worth the effort and since I had the exhaust off already it was the easy part
started with 1500 grit, then 2000 grit wet sand.

Polished with alum polish and buffer on my electric drill then finished with Mothers mag polish.

The whole experience from removal to re install was a few hours.

just don't forget to mark the shaft at the diff. so you can put it back the same way.

justice

driveshaft004.gif

Last edited:

wudy

Established Member
Nice job! Youll be glad you did it when its on. I did the same thing to my Magnaflows. I love the sound they let out when your on it. Not to crazy about the tips they include though. What do you think of yours? I dont like the small hole. Im guessing its for water drainage. Just dont know why they didnt drill it closer to the flange so you dont see it?

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Looks sweeeet!:beer:

Is your Bassani X-pipe the stainless or BX version? It looks like it's been painted in the picture...:shrug:

Last edited:

03mgtermi

Established Member
my winter plans for the cobra are just about entirely cosmetic. going up on jack stands soon and i will have to add the drive shaft to the list of things to polish. will be sending some things off for custom color matched powder coating!

moot09

Established Member
Looks sick! Where did you get the sand paper. Ive looked everywhere around town, Lowes,Home debot, all the auto parts stores, and no one caries the right grit sandpaper.

Users who are viewing this thread