Picked up my car from the body shop yesterday.

slowgreycobra

Established Member
I damaged my cobra a few weeks ago while transporting it. I got a few suggestions on where to take it for repairs. I took it to Rick's auto body in Springfield Mass and I could not be happier! I haven't driven the car that much since I was in Iraq and it's been in storage. The car looks brand new! I am very impressed with the work and I can't stop staring at the thing. People have been paying a lot of attention to the car.

It makes me torn on installing the Whipple 2.9. It's so nice out and I haven't driven it much. I'll probably install it later on after I drive my car for a while.

Here are some pics. My ipod doesn't do it justice.

E541F330-orig.jpg

B76EC3A4-orig.jpg

695FBB70-orig.jpg

DAB9546C-orig.jpg

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
very good!!

I was nervous you were goign to say it was damaged in the tornadoes.......

gld you have it back..hope to see you around this summer

willis414

Established Member
Nice it looks great, but I got a few phone calls saying that my car was at ricks. It took some talking to tell them it wasn't mine, but made I made sure they fixed it right. So what your saying is there's two dsg cobras with 2.9 whipples in the same area. I guess ill start......
mines faster !
Nice car, see ya out there- jesse

slowgreycobra

Established Member
Thanks for the comments. Luckily the tornado didn't hit near my car. It was my own mistakes that damaged the car.

I wanted sonic blue originally. I flew out to Tyler Texas from el paso to meet a member of svtp to buy the car as it was the closest cobra to me for sale, for a good price. I knew once I saw it in the sun I was hooked on DSG. I drove it home and had a blast.

Jesse, My car is the slower DSG In western mass, I admit it. Still need to install all of my parts I have in the basement, then it's track time!

I got the svt on the HE because the car already said cobra enough.

slowgreycobra

Established Member
Just the front end was painted. Minus a few nicks and scratches the rest of the car still looks good. I'd lower it, bit that was part of the problem unloading the car. I scrape enough as it is entering driveways and with all of the nasty pot holes around here, it's staying stock height. the best thing about the pot holes is they made more during paving in Westfield! Your federal tax dollars hard at work.

Users who are viewing this thread