Picked up a DD

silverbullit

First On Race Day!
Established Member
I know it isn't great on gas but who gives a shit. I have always wanted one of these trucks, rides great!

2004 Silverado 1500 Z71

truck012.jpg

truck011.gif

truck010.jpg

truck009.gif

truck008.gif

truck007.jpg

truck013.jpg

truck015.jpg

truck014.gif

red00lght

Established Member
Nice truck! I had a 99 Silvy and an 06 SS Silvy.

Time to mod!!! Some appearance mods I liked were to remove the side door protectors and get color matched door handles/side view mirrors. Really cleaned up the look of the truck...but mine was 2wd so you may be looking for a different look. Here is a couple of pics for reference of the 99:
wes6.jpg

Rearaftersmall.jpg

6-1.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice looking truck, and it should make a great daily driver. A useful daily driver. :beer:

silverbullit

First On Race Day!
Established Member
Very nice, my old roommate had a truck like that. Very nice and comfortable.
Thanks, it is very comfortable. I was suprised.
Nice truck! I had a 99 Silvy and an 06 SS Silvy.

Time to mod!!! Some appearance mods I liked were to remove the side door protectors and get color matched door handles/side view mirrors. Really cleaned up the look of the truck...but mine was 2wd so you may be looking for a different look. Here is a couple of pics for reference of the 99:
wes6.jpg

Rearaftersmall.jpg

6-1.jpg

Thanks, nice SS. Where did you get those colored matched items at? Or did you just have them painted?

red00lght

Established Member
Thanks, it is very comfortable. I was suprised.

Thanks, nice SS. Where did you get those colored matched items at? Or did you just have them painted?

Well...that 99 was a wannabe SS (they didn't produce one back then...). A ton of work went into that truck. I think I got some of the stuff off of Ebay and I just did a search for whatever I was looking for on the internet and usually found alot of vendors.

For some more ideas...and because I'm a pic whore....here are some pics of my real SS--a Magnacharged 06. A guy from England bought it and sent it back on a boat!

SSone.jpg

The Denali wood steering wheel looks crappy in the pics, but looked great in person!

Wtwo1.jpg

Don't do this to your truck (add a blower). The blower killed 3 trannies (at last count) and the last two were built for abuse!? Also caused parts to start breaking with the AWD system. It was fun though!!

SSBlower.jpg

silverbullit

First On Race Day!
Established Member
Well...that 99 was a wannabe SS (they didn't produce one back then...). A ton of work went into that truck. I think I got some of the stuff off of Ebay and I just did a search for whatever I was looking for on the internet and usually found alot of vendors.

For some more ideas...and because I'm a pic whore....here are some pics of my real SS--a Magnacharged 06. A guy from England bought it and sent it back on a boat!

SSone.jpg

The Denali wood steering wheel looks crappy in the pics, but looked great in person!

Wtwo1.jpg

Don't do this to your truck (add a blower). The blower killed 3 trannies (at last count) and the last two were built for abuse!? Also caused parts to start breaking with the AWD system. It was fun though!!

SSBlower.jpg

That is a sweet truck man. Def not looking to throw a blower on it, this one is supposed to be the "dd" and the wife :nono: would kill me. Thanks for the info and pics. :beer:

silverbullit

First On Race Day!
Established Member
nice i just got an 05 1500 4x4 as my DD too. havent driven it much yet though lol, 20xxx ftw
Thanks, congrats on your pick-up...you'll love it :rockon:
let the modding begin !

haha not alot...hopefully. Want to put some 33's on it and some nerf bars so the wife can get in and a system. :banana:

ZachSav

Ford Tech.
Established Member
Thanks, congrats on your pick-up...you'll love it :rockon:

def do. its been a great truck so far, good power, nice towing capabilities for a 1500, and very comfortable.

haha not alot...hopefully. Want to put some 33's on it and some nerf bars so the wife can get in and a system. :banana:

my gf wants me to get them too, and im at stock height still. lol

have fun with the truck man, and btw i love that color. i got a dark blue one but i was searching for a lighter blue one for months with the right mileage/condition for the best price, till i found my dark one. I bought mine for 15K with a 3 year extended warranty and 20,056 on the clock.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like the dash by the way. Doesn't have a "truck" appearance.

Z28

Established Member
Nice looking truck, looks like it may have an inch lift? Maybe its just the pictures. You can buy alot of color matched accessories through GM Dealers with your paint code.

Users who are viewing this thread