Picked me up a car for the strip

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
....3.55's will be a lot more street friendly with the C4....3.73's always an option if the 4.10's are too much!! Remember, it's a 351, plenty of torque!! :) ...should be a fun ride!!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Gonna be a fun set up.

3 times at the track?

Assuming limited experience here take it easy till you get some time in the car.

Launch soft, get some speed up a couple times until you find how she feels.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Without knowing the RPM range, power it makes, or tire size that is great advice on telling him the 4.10's are "way too much gear" and that 3.55's would be better. :nonono:

OP, take the car to the track and find out.

4.10s are perfect for that setup on motor, and okay on spray too if you're using 28" tires. We spray a dart headed 408 (same .030 351 you have) with a C4 trans 5000 stall and 4.10 gear with a 275 shot and trap 6700rpm in a fox body on 28x10.5s Best ETs are 10.29 at 132 on motor and 9.13 @ 148 on the gun all through exhaust and street trim.

Just finished building a very similar car with Nick Blankenship from E=HP and going by his standards. He was a guest up at my shop last week putting together my buddies car up here in CT with a very similar setup to run in True Street. Nick has won many recent NMRA TS events with his 408 stroker, 200 shot car. I picked his brain on the secrets of running 8's with these cars and the 1st thing we we did to my buddies car was pull out the 4.10's in favor of 3.55's per his advice. Nick's has seen 8.30's on DR's with his coupe with the current set up with 3.55's BTW. There are alot more tricks that are his secrets but a taller gear is not one of them. I am pretty sure that most 9 sec Foxes run a 28" tire. Thats a given no? :poke: The fastest I have been in a push rod Fox is 10.6 and been a Mod motor guy since 2004 so I can only go by what the best I know with a well known track record that I personally know tells me. :uh oh:

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
It's just about fun for me and I do take it easy.

My other Notch is a Reef Blue 93 Coupe 331/Vortech that I ran 12.16@121mph last time out. I do not know how to launch or do I proper burnout but I am getting there. I will definitely take it easy.

Gonna be a fun set up.

3 times at the track?

Assuming limited experience here take it easy till you get some time in the car.

Launch soft, get some speed up a couple times until you find how she feels.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Just finished building a very similar car with Nick Blankenship from E=HP and going by his standards. He was a guest up at my shop last week putting together my buddies car up here in CT with a very similar setup to run in True Street. Nick has won many recent NMRA TS events with his 408 stroker, 200 shot car. I picked his brain on the secrets of running 8's with these cars and the 1st thing we we did to my buddies car was pull out the 4.10's in favor of 3.55's per his advice. Nick's has seen 8.30's on DR's with his coupe with the current set up with 3.55's BTW. There are alot more tricks that are his secrets but a taller gear is not one of them. I am pretty sure that most 9 sec Foxes run a 28" tire. Thats a given no? :poke: The fastest I have been in a push rod Fox is 10.6 and been a Mod motor guy since 2004 so I can only go by what the best I know with a well known track record that I personally know tells me. :uh oh:

The 200 shot is the difference.

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
being a track car makes it less stressful since you plan on it breaking or at least that its bound to happen

Agree, I am searching for a used car trailer for this one.

I drive my Reef Blue Notch to the track and it is always in the back of my mind about breaking it and finding a way home.

Wikkd03

Established Member
Nice car. Take that trim off and sand it down and paint it back matte black. Not a fan of color matched window trim. Be sure and post track times

unforgiven

Humble
Established Member
Nice car. Take that trim off and sand it down and paint it back matte black. Not a fan of color matched window trim. Be sure and post track times

Yea, I really don't care for that or the handles being painted as well. I doubt I will do anything to the car but take it to the track and have some fun with it.

Should have a idle video clip today.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Good God the internet racer advice in here. Just because Jake the snake's car with a punched out 351 and a 400 shot runs 3.55s doesn't mean every punched out 351 Mustang should.

OP please don't listen to anyone at all at this point. The first thing you should do is take the car to the track and see what it does. Then go from there. Until you do everyone is guessing what might work and what might not.

Last edited by a moderator:

03cobraracer

Established Member
car is beautiful man she looks like alot of fun. reminds me of my old notch, god i regret selling that car..

newnotch029.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread