Photobucket

tistan

Established Member
Is anyone else completely pissed off that Photo****et has destroyed 20 years of automotive information. Damn near every how thread I read, that is over a couple years old, is now missing all the pictures. I understand it is a private business, but when you offer free hosting for pics, you shouldn't be able to renege on that. They should be able to charge for all future pics and videos, but they should have to maintain the free pics. We have lost libraries of information that will never be rebuilt because most of the information is recorded when everyone first gets their hands on a specific car and starts modding, creating, and testing. There aren't tons of people doing big write ups on builds featuring 10-20 year old vehicles.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
It sucks out loud and I’ve heard that they disabled the ability to download your albums in a zip file - gotta do it picture by picture.

I had seen some chrome add one that were able to restore the picture links but I haven’t tried them/ dunno if they still work

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm amazed they are still up after that shit they pulled.

Wonder how many actually paid them?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I just looked at my How To's and I can still see the PB pictures. I do remember doing a FireFox add on a while back that must have fixed it.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah there's a patch with Google Chrome as well, but nothing for Android yet. I'm usually on via mobile.
I had a shit load of write ups on various forms over the years that are now defunct.
**** you, Photobucket.

hoamskilet

Established Member
I honestly can't think of an internet related company I hate more than PB after the shit they pulled. Sooooooo many threads of great information across god knows how many forums completely ruined

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I honestly can't think of an internet related company I hate more than PB after the shit they pulled. Sooooooo many threads of great information across god knows how many forums completely ruined

Yeah man, evil greedy people trying to hold the internet hostage. I hope they die a very public death.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I downloaded this app and I don't understand what it does. The photobucket pics in thread links still don't show up.
Well, on my end I can see all the PB pictures in posts. I just went through a bunch of old how to threads in the 03-04 section and I can see the pictures. I even looked at some of my old threads that I know I used PB to do and can see the pictures. I assume you're using Fire fox?

Users who are viewing this thread