Photobucket Extortion Email

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
wow, hadnt been on PB in a while and its unreal how unusable it is. I get around 100Mpbs down on this laptop and the page is still so slow its incredible. I get the feeling whoevers running the show over there is gonna get their ass fired

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
wow, hadnt been on PB in a while and its unreal how unusable it is. I get around 100Mpbs down on this laptop and the page is still so slow its incredible. I get the feeling whoevers running the show over there is gonna get their ass fired

Their site and app has been unreal slow for a while now. I've always wondered if it was just me or not.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
PB still works for me and I have about 1200 pics stored on there. Their app still works fine for me but the desktop version is a nightmare. Slow as shit because of the constant ads.

96dreamer

Established Member
The problem isn't it not working completely but dripping 3rd party hosting unless you pay $400 a year. So any pics youv'e linked in any threads over the years are now broke. Pretty sure my sig is broken at the moment.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Signed up for Flickr yesterday, **** Photobucket.
I'm about to do that right now.

Their app still works fine for me but the desktop version is a nightmare. Slow as shit because of the constant ads.
Yeah,.....I'm going to sign up for Flickr as I use my desktop when browsing the interwebs. lol

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The problem isn't it not working completely but dripping 3rd party hosting unless you pay $400 a year. So any pics youv'e linked in any threads over the years are now broke. Pretty sure my sig is broken at the moment.

I understand that, but my hosted pics are still showing up.

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
What are you guys using to post pictures now? Is there a way to just do it from a phone without having to use these 3rd parties?

sutyak

it's soo-tack
Established Member
Downloaded all my photos from PB and signed up for a Flickr account. 1TB of free storage sounds good to me. Looks like they have the same features as PB. I like using the unique email address to email photos to my account rather than downloading an app on my phone.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That is what I have been doing for a while now.

Except smackdown. Why is that feature not available in SD Sid?

Thanks for the heads up Serpent, had noticed PB acting a shit show lately. Had no idea about the email. I just noticed my sig acting up..

I didn't know that was an issue. I'll look into it.

I started downloading my albums. I'm not paying $400 a year to use third party hosting. I'll use flickr

Just directly upload to SVTP.

So whats the best alternative to photobucket for 3rd party hosting? I know we can host on this site but I have build threads on a few other forums for various things as well that are now worthless.

SVTP is the only forum you need.

Seems like 4 out of 5 times I try uploading here directly from my phone, I get told the image is too large. All of my stuff was on Photobucket as well, no chance in hell im paying money to embed my images

For now you need to resize the photo, but we are working on a solution.

Indeed it is broken.

I'm about to do that right now.

Yeah,.....I'm going to sign up for Flickr as I use my desktop when browsing the interwebs. lol

You can just drang and drop pics from your desktop into the reply box. That will upload them to SVTP and insert them into your post.

They could be in your cache memory.

Probably that, or they may allow you to see your 3rd party hosted pics if you are logged into PB.

What are you guys using to post pictures now? Is there a way to just do it from a phone without having to use these 3rd parties?

Read this thread, you can upload directly to SVTP.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Just deleted my account and downloaded all the images/videos I had. I couldn't get PB to work on here anyway so what's the point in having yet another account that can get hacked/stolen.

cobra940

Calgarian Cobra
Established Member
Still works with a phone. You just have to upload it like an attachment (similar to send a pic through text).

How do you upload it like an attachment with an iPhone? I tried to copy the photo and that doesn't work, when I send a picture through a text i just select it from my camera library. Am I missing something? I did read the thread but still not having any luck

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
How do you upload it like an attachment with an iPhone? I tried to copy the photo and that doesn't work, when I send a picture through a text i just select it from my camera library. Am I missing something? I did read the thread but still not having any luck

Upload a file > chose file > photo library > select where you want to enter photo on your reply > chose full image

IMG_8631.PNG

IMG_8632.PNG

IMG_8633.PNG

IMG_8634.PNG

IMG_8635.PNG

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Just hit the upload a file deal.

Users who are viewing this thread