Photo of my bent LCA relocation bracket. Question?

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I bent the drivers side at the strip back in Nov. They were not welded in and Im using the lower mounting holes. My question is that the piece that bent is not that thick and think I will try and reinforce it when I weld in the brackets this time around. Anyone done this?
100_3827.jpg

100_3742.jpg

These brackets dont fail often and everyone says mine failed because they were not welded but thats alot of stress on that part of the bracket. Thought about moving to the upper holes but shes getting out pretty good.....

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
random question on this issue, didn't i read that the people with this relocation bracket were buckling the quarter panels on the car?

what did this mod do for your performance once installed?

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
I used them for awhile now and know a bunch that have. they do need to be welded nad I did reinforce the area where the left braket goes under the brace. we cut a angular piece and welded it in making what looked like a heel. I dont think there will be any issues but for a manual car it is a must that they are welded in. I will post a pic when the rains stop and I can go out and get one.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I did reinforce the area where the left braket goes under the brace. we cut a angular piece and welded it in making what looked like a heel. QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I had in mind. Please post a photo if you could.:pop:
Did you only do the drivers side? Thanks

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
random question on this issue, didn't i read that the people with this relocation bracket were buckling the quarter panels on the car?
what did this mod do for your performance once installed?

Im not sure but I have the flex dents on the passenger side upper quarter. I know many 2007s from V6s, GTs to GT500s have the dents that are stock and babied so Im not sure not sure if the relo brackets have anything to do with it or not. :shrug:
My dents appeared in the middle of last summer a few months after I had been racing any at around 17K miles. :??:

skyhighsd

Established Member

That is common with high hp cars not just with these brackets. Good friend of mine with a 9 sec GN said they have the same problem. From what I have been told it is more of a torque issue. I am sure the uni-body doesnt help.

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
I had mine bolted in and it bent but then I welded it and it was fine.Also I run it in the lower holes but my car is lowered.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I had mine welded from the start and dont have any dents. I have not run slicks but went 1.62 on a radial 60'.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hmm, wondering if weld-in subframe connectors would help?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Flex dents? Got a pic? What can be done to prevent this?
subframe connectors, possibly a full cage:shrug: though, i thought the S197s already had subframe connectors. the ones on the market might just be subframe connector reinforcement bracket stiffener thingies. or something like that.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I had mine bolted in and it bent but then I welded it and it was fine.Also I run it in the lower holes but my car is lowered.

Thanks Dragpac. I was considering trying the upper holes but Im going to stay with the lower. Mine are being welded in right now and while discribing where I wanted them welded it finally clicked exactly why it makes a difference if they are welded. SO THE WHOLE BRACKET WONT ROTATE BACK (duh) just like it did in my lower photo above. If the whole bracket wont move at all then that takes alot of the pressure off of the long piece of metal that bent. Makes perfect sense to me now. :kaboom:

Not sure why I couldnt figure that out.:smmon:

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
Flex dents? Got a pic? What can be done to prevent this?

I tried to take some photos but they dont show up good. Just two little side by side dings right below my rear quarter window on the pass side. Not hearing of this on many newer cars so maybe Ford addressed it.:shrug:
Again mine didnt show up until around 17K a few months after any racing.:bored:

Users who are viewing this thread