Philippines

MNCobra

Established Member
hello,

I don't know to many on here but...

I know all of you have seen the devastation in the Philippines, my family was very lucky and only had two windows broken in my house and some up rooted trees and plants in my yard, but others here are not so lucky...as a GT500 SVT owner I ask you to give what you can to any Red Cross center or Salvation Army center in the name of the Philippines or how ever they classify it...as an American living here I get treated like a king most of the time and I never take that for granted....I am really hoping that in 3 months this is tragedy is not forgotten because it was replaced by something less important...I have been here almost 10 years now and the people here will give you anything you need when you need it and I would like to return the favor....so I ask that you help in any way you can...and I thank you for your help...

jeff

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
hello,

I don't know to many on here but...

I know all of you have seen the devastation in the Philippines, my family was very lucky and only had two windows broken in my house and some up rooted trees and plants in my yard, but others here are not so lucky...as a GT500 SVT owner I ask you to give what you can to any Red Cross center or Salvation Army center in the name of the Philippines or how ever they classify it...as an American living here I get treated like a king most of the time and I never take that for granted....I am really hoping that in 3 months this is tragedy is not forgotten because it was replaced by something less important...I have been here almost 10 years now and the people here will give you anything you need when you need it and I would like to return the favor....so I ask that you help in any way you can...and I thank you for your help...

jeff

I was on leave there for two weeks and got back to the states just days before the storm. I wasn't even aware of it during my stay there. My mother's side of the family still lives there in Cavite and were far enough not to be troubled by the storm. I encourage all of my friends and family to do what they can to help the unfortunate affected by the storm. I have a red cross office in the hospital I work at, I'll be sure to stop by and see what I can do

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'm in Okinawa right now and my unit 3/1 just barely got passed over to go help in the Philippines. They are sending 2/6 and we could still possibly go and I hope we get to. Most the guys I've talked to really want to go help out there, but most don't understand the level of devastation.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
My wife's extended family is in serious shit right now. We are doing everything we can, but it's hard to help from halfway 'round the globe.

U.M.

MNCobra

Established Member
I was on leave there for two weeks and got back to the states just days before the storm. I wasn't even aware of it during my stay there. My mother's side of the family still lives there in Cavite and were far enough not to be troubled by the storm. I encourage all of my friends and family to do what they can to help the unfortunate affected by the storm. I have a red cross office in the hospital I work at, I'll be sure to stop by and see what I can do

that would be awesome ty...if you get more info on what can be done please let us know...

MNCobra

Established Member
I'm in Okinawa right now and my unit 3/1 just barely got passed over to go help in the Philippines. They are sending 2/6 and we could still possibly go and I hope we get to. Most the guys I've talked to really want to go help out there, but most don't understand the level of devastation.

its as bad as it gets and slowly getting worse...now that have people fighting over food...some of my employees here are telling me some stories of Rebels who are going out at night steal food and water at gun point...there really needs to be more military help there so I hope you guys head over there to help...

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
per good morning america this morning, there have been over 120,000 scam sites to accept donations made in the last 48 hours.

i feel for the people there. i have a cousin who owns a bar there, we havent heard from him.

be careful who you donate to. after 9/11 i do not give to red cross anymore.

MNCobra

Established Member
My wife's extended family is in serious shit right now. We are doing everything we can, but it's hard to help from halfway 'round the globe.

U.M.

I am hearing of long lines at the places where people send money to relatives....like Western Union and etc...was in a grocery store today and they were completely out of rice, food stocks were lower than normal and we are just south of where the eye of the storm went through...

MNCobra

Established Member
per good morning america this morning, there have been over 120,000 scam sites to accept donations made in the last 48 hours.

i feel for the people there. i have a cousin who owns a bar there, we havent heard from him.

be careful who you donate to. after 9/11 i do not give to red cross anymore.

good advice...there are also news organizations who have lists of places to donate on their websites if you feel you don't like one or the other...

oldmodman

Established Member

U.M.

I was talking to a neighbor yesterday and when I said that even the US military was having a difficult time reaching the survivors in need, her suggestion was, "just send them some money by PayPal and they can just buy whatever they need"

Luckily for her she has great boobs.

I sure hope we never have the "big one" here in Los Angeles. I don't think PayPal would do me much good.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Utter destruction and chaos there. I heard on the news this morning that there are tons of supplies available for those affected, but the destruction is so horrific that it is almost impossible to get those supplies to the people. Impassible roads are the biggest obstacle. Heartbreaking!

Users who are viewing this thread