*Phase 3* Carburetor Swap and Spool'd Rear End

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
I saw those too while looking up what I was trying to find, and those look awesome too!

Here is a link to a instructional PDF for the TR3 that I got the idea from : http://www.mossmotors.com/graphics/products/instructions/802-918_980-178_INST.pdf

More info : http://www.bonaero.com/QuickFasteners.htm

Basically its like a dzus fitting but much heavier duty, and uses a square-head tool to lock and unlock them and they are used to secure the hood on the car and that hood can't be much lighter than a factory composite hood. I'd still like to see pics and get info on the dzus fittings you used, since I'd like to have a removable 2000R splitter for removal on the street and putting it on for track or show only.

Sorry for the thread hijacking, I'll bug you in PM with these questions but if you have a photobucket album or whatever with all the pics, please let us know! I know I'm VERY interested in seeing the pics of your custom CF parts. Also on that note, if you are making the molds for the CF parts and would consider it, please let me know if you are interested in making CF stuff for sale!

Last edited:

4valvemach

Established Member
Very cool build!! :thumbsup:

I may have missed it but what did you go with for the manual steering and master cylinder?Is it the stock power steering rack or a Flaming River manual rack/or other?For the master cylinder Ive read that the aerospace kit is the best is this what you went with?

How much effort is needed in the manual steering with the wheels you have.Ive played around with stopping my car without power brakes(engine off) and stopping is not much harder than with power.Now turning with the engine off well thats a whole different story:D

Svt Fox

Established Member
I am a new member here and this is my first post. I think it's cool to see such youthful energy being put towards something productive, even if it's not everyone's cup of tea.

It is your car. I am currently doing a mod-fox swap myself.

It would nice to see some updates if there are any. I am curious as to what the car is going to run in the 1/4. I am going to say 12.5.-12.7 @ 108-110 with the mods that I have seen so far.

- Irish

ZD302GT

Zach
Established Member

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I saw those too while looking up what I was trying to find, and those look awesome too!

Here is a link to a instructional PDF for the TR3 that I got the idea from : http://www.mossmotors.com/graphics/products/instructions/802-918_980-178_INST.pdf

More info : Quick Fasteners

Basically its like a dzus fitting but much heavier duty, and uses a square-head tool to lock and unlock them and they are used to secure the hood on the car and that hood can't be much lighter than a factory composite hood. I'd still like to see pics and get info on the dzus fittings you used, since I'd like to have a removable 2000R splitter for removal on the street and putting it on for track or show only.

Sorry for the thread hijacking, I'll bug you in PM with these questions but if you have a photobucket album or whatever with all the pics, please let us know! I know I'm VERY interested in seeing the pics of your custom CF parts. Also on that note, if you are making the molds for the CF parts and would consider it, please let me know if you are interested in making CF stuff for sale!

I've actually started a business for carbon fiber parts [and soon, much more!] .. I've been busy so I haven't gotten much done, but still very much pursuing this!

Forza Engineering

Very cool build!! :thumbsup:

I may have missed it but what did you go with for the manual steering and master cylinder?Is it the stock power steering rack or a Flaming River manual rack/or other?For the master cylinder Ive read that the aerospace kit is the best is this what you went with?

How much effort is needed in the manual steering with the wheels you have.Ive played around with stopping my car without power brakes(engine off) and stopping is not much harder than with power.Now turning with the engine off well thats a whole different story:D

Thanks! I'm not quite sure exactly what it is..as I simply just did a straight swap with a buddy [and he bought the car with it, so he has no idea either]

Too me it looks like a stock master cylinder from a another Ford vehicle [probably from the 80s] and I'm not sure about the steering rack either [could be an old stock part..or Flaming River].

I'm extremely happy with my setup though, turning doesn't require much more effort [unless you're parking]..however manual brakes is a BIG difference. Once you get used to it though, it is like driving any other car though....until then it feels like you DON'T have brakes... I weigh all of 140 lbs and have no issue with stopping or turning the car.

I am a new member here and this is my first post. I think it's cool to see such youthful energy being put towards something productive, even if it's not everyone's cup of tea.

It is your car. I am currently doing a mod-fox swap myself.

It would nice to see some updates if there are any. I am curious as to what the car is going to run in the 1/4. I am going to say 12.5.-12.7 @ 108-110 with the mods that I have seen so far.

- Irish

Thanks man! I haven't been to the track and don't think I'll make it to the track before I change everything again[new engine/trans/rear, etc].

Car trapped 114mph 2+ years ago while I was still EFI and much heavier [I'm now <2900 lbs in street trim].

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Haha, for what it is, this combo seems to be pretty stout. However I'm already moving on... just picked up a new engine block today for a new combination that is going in :]

Users who are viewing this thread