People of autozone

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
I'm always amused when another customer asks the clerk what they think may be their problem after running down the symptom list. "Uh really? You think this guy knows diddly about automotive diagnostics?"
Scarier part is listening to the clerk say "Oh yeah.... Just run this magic goo through the fuel system and it will be fine!"

TaraFirma

Established Member
I tried getting a 12 rib belt foro my Procharger from a few local parts stores. I knew they wouldn't have anything like that in stock, but maybe they could order it. i gave them a length and even a part # to cross reference. He goes right to the computer and starts his What year make and model routine, So i tell him it's for an 88 mustang Gt with a 331 and a D1Sc Procharger. What does your computer say it needs. What, that's not in there, well maybe thats why i gave you a part # and a length so see if you have something equivilent.
Anyway, i soon realized that I need to call procharger whenever I need a belt.

testorossa1989

Established Member
The only time i had a decent experience is my local carquest the clerks are gear heads and one is a ford guy. Straight up asks me my motor and gives me what i need. Sometimes thats the only time i can tolerate a place. Besides that i feel 98% of the people there are JDM kids or have no clue at all.

Its almost easier just to order online and wait the 3 days

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
I go there and ask for parts, they are like "You got a Cobra" and then start telling me about their Honda.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I went to my local ford dealer(parts department) the other day to get a new PCV valve for my Mercury Marauder. The counter guy asked me if i meant mercury Milan.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
I feel like we should have some photos of our local auto parts retard like on the people of walmart website. It would explain alot of the problems.

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
Yeah it's just a place to work for people. The majority of the people working at these places anymore know nothing about cars and have to rely on their computer system. I usually order online.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
NAPA has idiots working there too. I had a 81 DeLorean and the min I spit out DeLorean NAPA had nothing for my car so I would ask for parts for a 81 Volvo to get what I needed.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
can't believe no one has mentioned buying ngk tr6 plugs at a store. everytime I get the "you want the good ones?" of which they are referring to 14 dollar iridiums, to which I commonly reply the tr6's are the good ones, and 2.16 a piece. had to just start saying I need some 4177 plugs please. they always follow me out to the parking lot only to find my lifted truck cause I can't make it into the parking lot with the cobra. lol

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Well shit, is not like the people working there are getting paid $60/hr. most of those guys are not too far off from minimum wage. Sucks that they arent that knowledgeable but it is definitely better than having no store at all.

46stang

Established Member
I just go to the website for autozone, napa, etc, look up the part myself and get the part number. Then go down to the store and tell them, "Give me this part," while handing them the part number. They are always amazed, lol, but I find that I always get the correct part and it speeds up the whole process.

Well shit, is not like the people working there are getting paid $60/hr. most of those guys are not too far off from minimum wage. Sucks that they arent that knowledgeable but it is definitely better than having no store at all.

+1

I certainly don't expect people in these kind of 'parts stores' to know a whole lot about most Ford or cars in general.

Most of these places don't carry decent parts to begin with. Better off purchasing online.

cbr repsol

Established Member
They help me and the phone rings and they spend like 20 min talking to some dumb a that isn't even going to buy anything. Now if they answer while helping me I just walk out and go somewhere else .

flS/R

Established Member
one of the local autozones is not too bad. The other two I refer to a Vatozone. Those damn kids with their hondas and lancers think they know everything. So, like some people, I just go in with a part number and tell them to get it.

clbailey

Established Member
Almost chewed a guys head off after he was twirling the obd2 connector on the way to my car and smacked my bumper with it.

I said... dude seriously... and he gave me the huuuh huuuh type laugh and didn't say a word. I let it slide..

After reading the codes, which for my o2s I recently replaced on my 02 camaro I said I fixed it can you clear it? He said no, its against the law. Georgia has no such "law"

After that I went off on him for everything. No longer go to his store. It was a 40s year old manager....

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
I needed some stuff for my f150 this week and I just ordered it from autozone.com. They are offering free shipping and they give you a $25 gift card for every $100 spent. Plus I didnt have to leave the house or talk to any stupid know it all.

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
Told them i needed a certain length belt, and they say ok what model and make... No i need this length belt its not stock for my car.

Same thing happened to me he ask me for the make and model after I had already told him what I needed specificly.....dude just cracked me up

Users who are viewing this thread