People in hot weather states...

PDubs

Established Member
Anytime the temps would go above 90, I would baby the crap out of my Cobra. Ran worse in the heat anyway.

ViciousJay

Established Member
happens to mine and im in IL, I run the AC full blast... ill putt putt around till it gets cooler

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I had my car dynoed when the outside temp was 118 lol! Come winter time my car would always feel like it picked up a good 30rwhp. FI cars seem to get hit by the heat more than n/a cars. The heatsoak is more prevelant. In the winter when the temps drop low enough my car would pick up an extra pound of boost too, so my car really took off in the winter.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
my 01 hates hot weahter...always has

i don't notice it so much in my Explorer or Subaru but then again they are gutless dogs lol

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Speaking of heat I need to move north. I swear I must have scandanavian ancestors sometimes.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
love when september/october comes around, most mustangs Ive had felt like they had a supercharger on them when it starts getting cold like that

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
out here in Vegas...every day is over 105.

Couple weeks ago hit 130...and driving cars felt like crap..even my daily beater didnt like it

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Does humidity make it worse?

You guys in Phoenix and Vegas might be 105 but only have like 10% humidity.

It has been 105 here with 60+ % humidity all the time.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Yeah it's the reason mines been in the garage under a cover since June. I'll take it for a short cruise once every couple weeks..

Guy Fawkes

Established Member

Pretty sure yes. The more moisture in the air the less amount of fuel can mix with the air. Thus less power. At least thats how I understand it. Thats why if you get a meth kit you need to be retuned for the higher octane and fuel amounts.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

Yes..

Even when it's 125 degrees in Vegas, my daily still runs better than a 90 degree 100% humidity day in South Florida.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member

30% humidity with 110+ degrees. Yay monsoon season.

The DA is effected by increases in humidity. However, when it comes to heat soak the higher outside ambient air temperature is the faster you will experience heat soak. In addition the higher the temp the longer it takes to recover from heat soak. Either way its pretty bad but initially a car might feel more doggish with high temps and high humidity compared to dryer conditions with really high outside temps.

There has been a few times driving my Cobra where the outside temps were nearing 120 and causing my engine to get really hot, near over heating hot. So to counter this I had to roll the windows down and turn the heater on full blast to help disipate heat from the engine. FML. This is why I now have two cars, a DD and a fun car.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
love when september/october comes around, most mustangs Ive had felt like they had a supercharger on them when it starts getting cold like that

my KB loves the cool sep/oct nights! i usually see an little extra psi and the boost guage when it gets down in the nice and cold...my Nittos on the other hand do not like the cold pavement lol

squeak93

Established Member
We are at 900 ft altitude here with da's usually around 4500+ in the summer evenings
They drop to 3500 or so around 11pm and I'll usually pick up .15 and 1mph with just that.

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
100+ degree weather here in houston...not to mention the humidity. come on winter!

+1. People who say they like summer actually don't have summer, just a warmer spring.

Actually mine runs pretty good. A friend and I took a 200 mile trip through backroads and I felt a definate drop in power then. It was 100* with 85-90% humidity and a touch of altitude.

Houston summer sucks.....

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
dreaded the cobra in TX summer, was hot no matter how high you turn ac on and ran like crap....fall is when you could feel the pep

Users who are viewing this thread