People in Construction

King$nake

Banned
West Coast is slow!?! Im now working construction (more or less, a favor for a friend who is a General Contractor) there is so much work he is turning people down. Thats why I went to work for him because the pay is awesome!

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
I do new construction plumbing in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and we are extremely busy. Right now my crew has 5 job sites we are working on, four commercial, one residential. Overall there are 4-5 crews going at the same time where I work with the same workload.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
slow here in washington. Ive only been working 4 days/week. hope it picks up soon, my paychecks have been suffering lately and usually this time of year Im making shitloads of money.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
slow here in washington. Ive only been working 4 days/week. hope it picks up soon, my paychecks have been suffering lately and usually this time of year Im making shitloads of money.

What area of construction are you working in? I quit when the housing market started to slow and my old employer isn't building that many houses but is doing fine in commercial. I'd say commercial here is still good. Have you seen Bellevue, lol?

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
Things are slowing up because my boss is starting to low bid things. Good thing I have tons of side work. Just got paied for installing a hardwood floor and got myself a MM k-member.

THE_STIG

Established Member
On a side note, we have been rebidding a few jobs to allow for the increase in gas prices and half the of the truck fleet is parked. Diesel ftl

aaandht

Established Member
I'm in Jersey and fortunately our Local is at full employment right now... but you can feel things are going to slow down...

Sanzari and Creamer are doing tons of road work.

I'm in the AC business, its never been slower....We almost had a nice deal on a local Chevy dealer, but that fell through when we lost a guy. Too small of a company to lose our service manager and take on a big project.

tistan

Established Member
In Savannah, all the cheap cookie cutter house developments have slowed to a hault. The nicer homes are still being built, and a lot of people are remodeling. We build high end custom homes, and we have 2-3 years of work lined.

Users who are viewing this thread