People in Construction

sndmn_2000

Next is a Vette
Established Member
I just wanted to ask the people in construction on how busy they are. West coast is slow so far, hows the rest of the country?

Thanks guys, i know its not auto related. :beer:

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
I'm in Jersey and fortunately our Local is at full employment right now... but you can feel things are going to slow down...

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Slow here in central Ohio. I work in new single family homes installing ceramic tile. Work is slower than it has ever been in my past 15 years at it.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
The crew I'm with builds houses from foundation to shingling. But since it's only 4 of us working, one house will usually last us the summer. Right now we're fairly busy, my boss has had to turn down a couple houses.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Both residential and commercial is booming here in MS. Don't do construction anymore but we are pretreating sites for termites on a daily basis. Popping up faster than I can get guys out there. Having to turn some away right now.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Commercial on the West coast is insane, but the housing here in Wa has slowed down. There's areas here where the large companies like Soundbuilt and Quadrant have halted housing developments, even ones with half built homes on them.

svt99rag

Established Member
I do mostly insurance work for all the major companies and we are absolutely slammed, especially after all the flooding. Between the fire rebuilds and water damage I am ready for a vacation!

THE_STIG

Established Member
I'm in Jersey and we are pretty busy, things were slowing down for a bit but they are picking up. Of course, the union guys are busy too, sitting in front of a big rat carrying signs...

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
SWFL has been hit hard. Residential is at a standstill. In the area there are hundreds of new empty houses plus a ton of pre-existing on the market. Commercial is still going though alot slower than the last few years. There isn't as much in the way of new construction in commercial but the tenant improvement and remodel work has picked up a little. The new construction commercial that is being built now is mostly contracts that have been in the work for some time.

CscottsSS

got boost?
Established Member
I sell lumber for a living, mostly residential. We have had the slowest year ever in our 30 years of being in business as an independent retailer. Commercial is still going strong but residential is awful. Very tough times............

1bad04cobra

Established Member
I do roofing and its picking up a little. It has definitely been slower this year compared to last. Gas ,the percieved economy problems and the housing market has people holding on to thier money more. We like the rain to create leaks that poeple have to get fixed. New roof sales on the other hand is like pulling teeth. They all want 10 estimates to get the cheapest guy in town:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread