PEEPLE is terrifying, and so are people.

Richter888

Established Member
So, am I alone in sharing this sentiment? I'm glad real people also agree this is a bad idea. Social media is bad enough as it is, now add in a review service that is used on people. God its scary.

I know people do these things already, but somehow its OK for other people to create your profile for you and put up a rating. That's a huge concern.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...p-for-people-whether-you-want-them-to-or-not/

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Reviews have already been left for the co-founders of this app, you can imagine how thats going.

I love how you can add people who aren't in the database by providing the person cell phone number. Yeah, I bet that information won't get sold to a third party at all!

Steve1578

Established Member
The only thing I can concentrate on is the amount of times "people" was used in this thread. :poke:

It's a pretty crazy idea but I feel like it's going to catch on. I think our society is that pitiful that we will resort to rating people on an app.

Last edited:

Stateguy

Established Member
Lol, there use to be a website similar to this for college students called juicy campus.... It did not make it long.

Rex Racer

Established Member
From the article:

"Positive ratings post immediately; negative ratings are queued in a private inbox for 48 hours in case of disputes. If you haven’t registered for the site, and thus can’t contest those negative ratings, your profile only shows positive reviews."

I am going to create fake positive reviews:

"14 inch dick!"
"Dances the Lambada!"
"Is a millionaire!"

EDIT:

Snopes has some good info. It may be a viral marketing campaign.

http://m.snopes.com/2015/10/01/peeple/

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, that Snopes article was well written. Sure does sound like some attempt at a strange marketing campaign, but there are more unanswered questions as there are answered questions. If it is legit, and I have my doubts, I don't see Apple approving the app for their App Store. Very bad and twisted idea behind it. Had to laugh at the fact that the "creators" were deleting negative comments about this app while the app itself doesn't allow comment deletions, although you can notify the app owners if you deem a posted review comment to be in error. Horribly stupid idea. But the evolution of social media should have seen this coming. :nonono:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
This app will save people the 37 seconds it takes to find out what an asshole I am.

Users who are viewing this thread