Paypal?

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Buyer
How were you burnt? PayPal offers protection. You do not think there is risk of a money order vanishing in transit?
Also you do not have recourse with money order.
Claimed that I sent him a broken light . You could see the package looked like it had been abused .
I had pictures of the package when it was shipped .
Ebay and PayPal sided with the buyer .
I have purchased many items from this site and a few others with USPS money orders , they can be tracked and if lost or stolen , they are replaced .
I have had this happen only 1 time , and the money order was found after the replacement was issued .

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Buyer

Claimed that I sent him a broken light . You could see the package looked like it had been abused .
I have purchased many items from this site and a few others with USPS money orders , they can be tracked and if lost or stolen , they are replaced .
I have had this happen only 1 time , and the money order was found after the replacement was issued .

Wouldn't that be a claim with USPS/fedex/UPS then for damage? Paypal wants to take care of their customer, so it makes sense for them to find quickly in favor of the buyer.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I made the guy send me the lights back , one was broken, the other was perfect .
It was a switch job .
That was in 08 , and I have moved on .
Truth of the matter , I paid 300 for a complete 01 and swapped the running gear into my 91 notch .
The extra parts was just extra money .

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Wouldn't that be a claim with USPS/fedex/UPS then for damage? Paypal wants to take care of their customer, so it makes sense for them to find quickly in favor of the buyer.

Good luck ever getting money back from UPS, etc. I have had a couple of very expensive things get destroyed in transit and was SOL

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Good luck ever getting money back from UPS, etc. I have had a couple of very expensive things get destroyed in transit and was SOL

I was almost gonna answer that comment before you even said it.

UPS loves to deny insurance claims via "insufficient packaging." Basically if they beat the **** out of it, and didn't box it, it's the shippers fault aka you.

When I bought a vortech T-Trim, part of the deal was I wanted it insured for the actual value, (I think $2,700 at the time) and that I simply wanted the seller to carry all the components into a UPS store and let them box/package it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Buyer

Is it possible the package was damaged in shipping?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Did you have insurance for the full value?

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Is it possible the package was damaged in shipping?
I doubt it , as both lamps would have been damaged, and as I stated earlier , the one , was not the one I shipped .
What ever happens to the package after it leaves my posession, would not be any fault of mine anyway .

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
It's 2020, everyone who does online buying/selling should have a paypal by now. Incredibly easy to sign up and set everything up.

I've had a couple issues with packages being destroyed or lost, and they've cut me a check within 2 days. Same with USPS. Not very expensive items, i think the most was $500, so they probably just thought cutting a check would be cheaper than to waste time investigating.

I could see them playing games with high dollar items, as most places would. It's all business, and they will do whatever it takes to pay the least amount possible.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
It's 2020, everyone who does online buying/selling should have a paypal by now. Incredibly easy to sign up and set everything up.

I've had a couple issues with packages being destroyed or lost, and they've cut me a check within 2 days. Same with USPS. Not very expensive items, i think the most was $500, so they probably just thought cutting a check would be cheaper than to waste time investigating.

I could see them playing games with high dollar items, as most places would. It's all business, and they will do whatever it takes to pay the least amount possible.

I had a carbon fiber disk wheel demolished by UPS. It was in a tough cordura bag inside a hard plastic case. When I picked it up there was a hole through it about the size of a dime. It cut clean through the cordura without tearing it which meant there was tremendous force involved.

They came up with some bullshit defense involving "dimensional weight" which is some formula that they use to determine how much weight an item of a particular size can theoretically support. I went after the shipper who coughed up the $3000 in damages.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I doubt it , as both lamps would have been damaged, and as I stated earlier , the one , was not the one I shipped .
What ever happens to the package after it leaves my posession, would not be any fault of mine anyway .

Your not actually 100% right. You as the seller are responsible. The buyer is technically entitled to get exactly what they agreed to buy in the condition it was suppose to be in. If for some reason what they bought was in anyway damage by the time they receive it. They are entitled to there money back and your entitled to receive the product back.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was almost gonna answer that comment before you even said it.

UPS loves to deny insurance claims via "insufficient packaging." Basically if they beat the **** out of it, and didn't box it, it's the shippers fault aka you.

When I bought a vortech T-Trim, part of the deal was I wanted it insured for the actual value, (I think $2,700 at the time) and that I simply wanted the seller to carry all the components into a UPS store and let them box/package it.
Yep! The ONLY safe way to ship through UPS is to have them package the item. If you use your own box and packing material, it's a crap shoot if the item is damaged in transit.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
In fact Bo
Yep! The ONLY safe way to ship through UPS is to have them package the item. If you use your own box and packing material, it's a crap shoot if the item is damaged in transit.
B , that is exactly how it we t down .
UPS , PA kaged and shipped .
The package arrived in the same condition as shipped , punk signed for it .
3 days later , he files a claim ....you send me my money , you get parts when I receive money , that is how it works now , a d has been since dumping paypal and eBay.

nxhappy

Established Member
when you sign your name, you are basically agreeing they are not liable for any damage. Even IF you pay for "declared value", that is NOT guaranteed insurance, you still have to file a claim, and they may or may not pay you. My dad had this happen on a ship wreck 1800's sword. Yeah ....he wasn't too happy about that one.

coposrv

Established Member
What ever you do PayPal over Venmo for sure. I had a customer of mine try to settle a bill through Venmo. I didn’t catch in time but he tried to pay nearly 12,000 through Venmo apparently they cap your account to only 3,000 a week. By the time I realized what was going on it locked it up and made a mess of things.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
In fact Bo

B , that is exactly how it we t down .
UPS , PA kaged and shipped .
The package arrived in the same condition as shipped , punk signed for it .
3 days later , he files a claim ....you send me my money , you get parts when I receive money , that is how it works now , a d has been since dumping paypal and eBay.

Sorry to hear thats how it all happened. So what happened in the investigation?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
What ever you do PayPal over Venmo for sure. I had a customer of mine try to settle a bill through Venmo. I didn’t catch in time but he tried to pay nearly 12,000 through Venmo apparently they cap your account to only 3,000 a week. By the time I realized what was going on it locked it up and made a mess of things.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

So what ended up happening? What was the out come? Never used Venmo.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
As stated before , paypal sides with the buyer .....days of documentation , even from UPS .

Now if you or i want to buy from each other , we send USPS money orders , when money arrives , post office cashes it for us , then we send our goods .
Works perfectly .

Users who are viewing this thread