Paypal questions!

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Yesterday I put a down payment on something which hasn't shipped yet. I got a little info today about the seller and how he's a little shady and I requested my money back, but he said he spent it already and he won't have my $ for a while. This was a down payment of $150 and not the full payment. How do I file a claim and what would I tell them? I have mine and the sellers conversations saved and I did NOT send the payment as a gift.

Zemedici

Established Member
File a claim in the "resolution center"

fully explain the situation, and you should have your money back very soon, as long as Paypal agrees with the situation. Paypal will make his acct negative, and refund your money, if his PP account is directly linked to his bank account (as it must be for him to acceess the funds so quickly), then it may come straight out of his bank account.

oldmodman

Established Member
I would like to know how he already "spent" the money. Paypal doesn't make deposited funds available for anywhere from 72 hours to more than a week.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
people that list items for sale then don't ship are such scumbags..
Yes OP go to resolution center, I've used it more than once on my 8 yr old ebay acct..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would like to know how he already "spent" the money. Paypal doesn't make deposited funds available for anywhere from 72 hours to more than a week.

Drew, not every seller has delayed access to their funds. I have never had it happen to me in the 10+ years I've used PayPal.

Here is PayPal official policy on delayed availability. I got it from their website.

Who is affected by payment delays?

Payment delays typically affect new sellers or sellers in categories that have a higher than average rate of refunds, disputes, or chargebacks.

In deciding whether to hold payments in a pending balance, we review many factors. These factors include transaction activity, the rate of customer disputes, the type of business, average delivery time, customer satisfaction, and history. We understand that some experienced sellers may be affected. While history with PayPal is important, it's only one of many factors we consider.

Here are some common reasons we may hold payments in a pending balance:

You have limited history or selling activity.
You have low Detailed Seller Ratings, negative Feedback, or other indication of below-standard performance on eBay.
You have a high rate of customer refunds, disputes, claims, or chargebacks.
You're selling in a high risk category or industry such as tickets, travel, gift certificates, computers, consumer electronics, or mobile phones.
Your business or selling activity is inconsistent. For example, you have a spike in selling activity, your average selling price changes, or you started selling in a new category.
The account information you have provided is incomplete or inaccurate, or we're uncertain about the information you've provided.
Your withdrawal activity has changed.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I thought the purpose of the down payment was so if the buyer backed out the seller would still get some cash from the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread