Paxton/Vortech Supercharged Dyno Results from X-Pipe

tgranber

Established Member
Afternoon Folks.

I have a 2011 A6 GT. About to get my car Dyno'd next week.

Mods:
Paxton Tuner Kit
47lb Injectors
No BAP
JLT Intake
Sai Base Tune. Tweaking and dyne runs next week.
Offroad X-Pipe
GT500 duals

Question is. How much power will I lose by putting my factory mid pipes back on????

I am starting to hate the sound of my off road x-pipe. It sounds like a rattling mess under my seat when I am not flooring it. Since I don't have a converter and this is my daily driver, I am in low RPM's until I want to get on it.

If I am only going to lose 10-20HP and it doesn't hurt the motor then I think I would rather be quieter. Then I can just lower the pulley or add a torque booster later when I install my BAP. I've just always been under the impression that you want to get the air in and out easily to help the motor last longer.

Sorry to just unload questions and thoughts out. Any help would be appreciated.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
You can put some high flow cats on there and be fine. I have a PAXTON H.O. kit on my BOSS with 8 rib, 3.47 pulley, KOOKS long tubes and high flow cats and put down 770 RWHP.

bunits19714

Established Member
" sounds like a rattling mess"- is there something actually rattling - which means something is wrong- installed non correctly- your exhaust exits from the rear of vehicle- hence so does the sound- you should not be hearing sound coming from under your seat- you added exhaust volume but not to the point that your stuffing 30 psi through 3" exhaust. the cats will offer enough restrictions in tuning and horsepower to make those 47# injectors adequate at least.

Badlilstang

Established Member
I am considering the same thing to be able to pass emissions... how much power loss going from offroad X to high flow cat.. My X pipe makes all kinds of noises and ticks etc also..there was a thread of ppl all complaining about the same thing.. also curious if a retune is needed if cats go back on..

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I am considering the same thing to be able to pass emissions... how much power loss going from offroad X to high flow cat.. My X pipe makes all kinds of noises and ticks etc also..there was a thread of ppl all complaining about the same thing.. also curious if a retune is needed if cats go back on..

I don't have high flow cats but been reading a lot of emissions lately because I tried to pass with an OR X. You will likely have issues because even with high flow cats your cel will come on. If the tuner turns them off like in a race tune then it'll fail for that. Just like an off road pipe car. That's my experience anyways. Don't have the best of the best tuner when it comes to it though so I put my stock cats back on. WAY quieter too. I hate it

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
By the way my stock set up is rattling under there but my OR mid did not. I think it's because I had the jack pin the mid pipe as far up as possible when I tightened it all down so it might be hitting the bottom side of the car

Users who are viewing this thread