Paxton SL 6 Rib goes 8s...........

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
thanks for all the post.now that I have read this Beefcake will be selling me a BASIC kit soon I hope.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Did anyone say 8's on pump E85 was impossible? :rollseyes

I think what they're getting at is the head unit isn't moving enough mass to actually go 8's. That's why the 6 rib works. The extra 100rwhp or so is from the $33/gal race E85 in the tank. It's so oxygenated you might as well use nitrous lol.

No but he ran the same time with as you say "100 less rwhp".

And you obviously trolled the thread.

CPRsm

Only trolling was the Op posting half truths. Down play anyone who had problems w a 6 rib and forgot to mention a carbonite pulley was used.
So it wasn't 100rwhp difference. That number was just a SWAG. No one took away from the ET or said it was impossible w plain E85. Do you normally try to make points by putting words in people's mouths?
Just post up what it took instead of trying to down play other's trouble w a 6rib setup.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Only trolling was the Op posting half truths. Down play anyone who had problems w a 6 rib and forgot to mention a carbonite pulley was used.
So it wasn't 100rwhp difference. That number was just a SWAG. No one took away from the ET or said it was impossible w plain E85. Do you normally try to make points by putting words in people's mouths?
Just post up what it took instead of trying to down play other's trouble w a 6rib setup.

he is on the stock balancer, I know that, I think he was running a 2.95 carbinite pulley

That looks like mentioning a carbinite pulley was used to me???

go to post 3. long before you got in the thread

and you did down play it and basically said it was because of the FTW. but that's ok, just made them go out and do it without

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Nothing was put in your mouth. Calm down. I quoted your exact post. And yes the pulley was put in way before you came in trolling.

CPRsm

I didn't see the 3rd post. I apologize, that's my fault.

I did not down play the ET. I did think it was because of the FTW. But didn't say E85 was impossible.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Always see a lot of guys saying that you need to upgrade this and that to be able to get great times out of the Paxton / vortech kits and by the time your done you could have bought a turbo kit.

I always defend the price of the kits and Ronnie from Rev Auto proved a great point this weekend.

Ronnie from Rev Auto picked up one of our basic 2200 SL's a couple months back for his wifes car, and he and the guys at rev auto have been hard at it since picking up the kit.

With the basic 6 rib kit, injectors, stage 1 e85 fuel system, and aluminator, and I think 3b converter, and FTW e85, Ronnie was able to knock out an 8.9 timeslip at over 3600lb+ in his car.

Not bad for the mrs. daily driver!

I may be missing some stuff in there, but a pretty basic combo!!!

Congrats on a great run!!!

That's Impressive for sure!

I think Terry passing it off as a basic kit on his wife's daily driver to sell blowers is what pisses people off...

Don't kid your self Terry! This is his wife's race car! It takes a big gear, a spool, some gutting, and a big stall to get close to a 1.30 60'. Do you have to change the belt after every 3 runs on your basic kit!

8's are impressive for sure, so congrats to the guys at FTW fuels

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
the turbo vs. blower argument will rage on forever.

I think anyone who has played with real horsepower and has a good understanding of it will concede that a proper turbo system is unequivocally more efficient than a blower and will generally make more power pound of boost vs. pound of boost.

That said...the coyote motor is so efficient it is HARD to argue the cost effectiveness of the Paxton/Vortech systems that Beef pushes. He ought to be selling them by the hundreds because for minimal investment they flat out work!

Truth told a black vortech is the way I will likely go even though I know and understand where/why the turbo is superior.

My honest opinion is the few folks who make quality turbo kits for the coyote are trying to recoup all of their R/D costs in the first few systems they sell and that's a shame. Trust me.. I understand why they are expensive and can argue all day about that topic alone, BUT-- $7000+ for a "tuner" turbo kit is just ridiculous considering you still need to get tuned and buy fuel.... All the while knowing that customer cost for hard parts only cost $4-5000 at MOST.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
That's Impressive for sure!

I think Terry passing it off as a basic kit on his wife's daily driver to sell blowers is what pisses people off...

Don't kid your self Terry! This is his wife's race car! It takes a big gear, a spool, some gutting, and a big stall to get close to a 1.30 60'. Do you have to change the belt after every 3 runs on your basic kit!

8's are impressive for sure, so congrats to the guys at FTW fuels

the argument was made in the past, that the reason my kit worked so well on my car, was because I had custom piping, 8 rib upgrade, an oil fed unit, etc...

the kit on this car, "the kit, that means the s/c kit" that is on this car, is the most basic kit that can be bought, no custom piping, no oil fed head unit, etc...

i'll say it for the gazillionth time. to run 8's takes supporting mods such as built shortblock, a fuel system, etc.... WE ALL KNOW THAT.

What this thread is about is "THE SUPERCHARGER KIT ON THE CAR", and the supercharger kit on the car, is the most basic kit that we sell, and that Paxton makes for this car, pullied down for more boost. No custom piping, no 8 rib upgrade, no oil fed head unit.

the turbo vs. blower argument will rage on forever.

I think anyone who has played with real horsepower and has a good understanding of it will concede that a proper turbo system is unequivocally more efficient than a blower and will generally make more power pound of boost vs. pound of boost.

That said...the coyote motor is so efficient it is HARD to argue the cost effectiveness of the Paxton/Vortech systems that Beef pushes. He ought to be selling them by the hundreds because for minimal investment they flat out work!

Truth told a black vortech is the way I will likely go even though I know and understand where/why the turbo is superior.

My honest opinion is the few folks who make quality turbo kits for the coyote are trying to recoup all of their R/D costs in the first few systems they sell and that's a shame. Trust me.. I understand why they are expensive and can argue all day about that topic alone, BUT-- $7000+ for a "tuner" turbo kit is just ridiculous considering you still need to get tuned and buy fuel.... All the while knowing that customer cost for hard parts only cost $4-5000 at MOST.

^^^^^

And there isn't anything wrong with making profit, I just choose volume over $$.

CPRsm

BUT-- $7000+ for a "tuner" turbo kit is just ridiculous considering you still need to get tuned and buy fuel.... All the while knowing that customer cost for hard parts only cost $4-5000 at MOST.
Here is the problem, and it's not just us, or turbo kits. "Hard parts" for a customer includes no labor. You're paying for someone else who has the knowledge and or tools you don't have to complete the job. If you think an entire kit is built in a day, or even two, you're sorely mistaken. And when done one job at a time the diy'er doesn't realize the cost of electricity, materials like rod, grinding bits,pads, and argon. So how can a customer judge what is too much "profit" when they don't have an idea how long it takes to produce? We spend hours JUST packaging a kit on a pallet. So on a kit that costs 5k in parts and is marked up 2k, and takes a week to build, or 4 a month, is 8k enough for any shop overhead? Subract from 8k a months rent, electricity, insurance, employees, workman's comp, and employee taxes. Let's be (VERY) generous and say overhead is 4k a month. Would you run a business for 4k a month before taxes? Keeping in mind when you're self employed, your taxes are roughly twice as much as an employee at the same income. So you might bring home 30k. You're better off just buying what you want for your goals instead of worrying what someone is making off of you when you don't understand what it takes to make it. I'm not picking on you. Just putting it out there. Soooooo tired of seeing people being so worried about a company makes. If it was so lucrative, turbo companies wouldn't fold all the time.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
trust me I get all that.. I really do. Im a fabricator and business owner myself. How anyone remains self employed in this communist state is beyond me and a whole other topic in and of itself.

That said, I still cant see profiting $2000+ on each kit you sell due to what you mention above. I really don't.

The truth is, there ought to be (Im sure there are) many, many, many other ways your business makes money (other than turbo kits) and contributes to all of the items you list above.

Also your argument assumes you don't jig any of your kits? Do you really one-off build every turbo kit? No you don't. So all of this cost in your kit should be absorbed once and spread out over thousands of potential kits sold.

Again... im not upset you are making money. Im a capitalist who understands how the American system works and i am thrilled we live under the system we do. However, this market depends on the consumer and the consumer needs to think he isnt getting taken--which I feel this community is with regards to turbo kits.

My hat is actually off to you and your team for trying to make it in this awful state. Make all the money you can. It just wont be any of mine... respectfully.

Last edited:

CPRsm

That said, I still cant see profiting $2000+ on each kit you sell due to what you mention above. I really don't.
You'd have to see the time it takes in person then. It is not done it 3 days.

The truth is, there ought to be (Im sure there are) many, many, many other ways your business makes money (other than turbo kits) and contributes to all of the items you list above.
There are ways to make money. But why use another way to handicap another? You can't sell a dollar for 50 cents and make it up in volume. Or by making money in other ways. If it doesn't make money you put it down.

Also your argument assumes you don't jig any of your kits? Do you really one-off build every turbo kit? No you don't. So all of this cost in your kit should be absorbed once and spread out over thousands of potential kits sold.
No, argument assumes jig built. The headers alone in the coyote kit take about a day to make, even w jigs. I wouldn't touch a custom set of headers for 2k, let alone an entire turbo kit.

Again... im not upset you are making money. Im a capitalist who understands how the American system works and i am thrilled we live under the system we do. However, this market depends on the consumer and the consumer needs to think he isnt getting taken--which I feel this community is with regards to turbo kits.

My hat is actually off to you and your team for trying to make it in this awful state. Make all the money you can. It just wont be any of mine... respectfully.
I don't think you're upset. If any customer thinks they're REALLY being taken, let them start their own shop. Nobody's getting rich. Cars is the worst way to do that lol. Money HAS to be made. 40k+ MINIMUM in inventory doesn't pay for itself! :D

EJR

Established Member
lol at forums...

Congrats on the runs... especially on pump E85. Love my Paxton...

Users who are viewing this thread