Paxton + JPC breather kit = mess

kaane

Established Member
So I installed the JPC breather kit on my car. I wanted to limit how much oil gets in the intake.

During the week i only did 1-4th gear pulls and had no issues. Little bit of oil on the driver filter.

Today I hit an empty stretch of freeway and did a 5th gear pull to about 155mph. Started smelling smoke and smoke behind me.

I pulled over and this is what I saw under the hood.

f3pv.jpg

Oil was everywhere. Car runs fine, but now I need to clean this crap up.

What else can I do to fix this? Seems like a ton of oil. Normal catchcan would get filled pretty fast. Would GT500 PCV installed help?

What else do you guys do on boosted setups that stay in boost for a while and are not just drag strip queens?

UPDATE:

OIL MESS WAS DUE TO CRACKED PISTON DUE TO GOING LEAN. NO BAP AND E85! Lesson Learned!

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
Above is the Reason why breathers are not a good idea on any application. Thats extra messy. And you have that oil stink even if they arnt spraying oil everywhere.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Bob's Auto Sport oil separator is what you need. Install one on the passenger side, install the OEM OCV tube on the driver side, and never look back.

No matter what you have read on this forum, Bob's can will filter better than any other can marketed on SVT Performance, all while retaining crankcase vacuum.

Breathers are messy blowing oil all over the valve covers, you always have to clean them, and you also lose vacuum on the crankcase, costing you HP at high RPM.

Last edited:

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
The funny thing is that these cars don't typically produce oil in the PCV system on the driver's side.

They do when you run breathers. My drivers side breather always has more oil than the passenger side in the filter itself.

That said, not having boost, I've never had oil spray everywhere in the long time I've been running breathers.

kaane

Established Member
Bob's Auto Sport oil separator is what you need. Install one on the passenger side, install the OEM OCV tube on the driver side, and never look back.

No matter what you have read on this forum, Bob's can will filter better than any other can marketed on SVT Performance, all while retaining crankcase vacuum.

Breathers are messy blowing oil all over the valve covers, you always have to clean them, and you also lose vacuum on the crankcase, costing you HP at high RPM.

On a boosted setup all the oil gets pushed out the drivers side.

Users who are viewing this thread