Pass Time at MIR

951MystiCobra

Cobraless and Lurking.
Established Member
This Wednesday and Thursday.... anyone going??

Basically gates open at 10am both days, you make a couple of passes throughout the day and the producers roam around and pick who they want to be on the show. They are picking 110 racers over the two days. If they pick you the day you are there then filming starts at 5pm and ends at 10pm.

I'll be there Thursday. I'll be there with both my car and my buddy's GSX-R 1000. If he gets on and I don't I'm gonna be pissed. =P I'm hoping that they see a cute girl and a hot Cobra and pick me. =) We'll see.

Let me know if anyone else plans on going!!

96n03Cobra

Kenne screwed me
Established Member
I don't think I'm going to be able to make it. Let us know what happens when you run though! I think you might have a good shot at getting on the show, the whole chick racer deal is pretty hawt.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Damn, wish my car was working. I like that show. I'd most likely embarass myself though, like I did last time I went to the track with my Cobra...

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
Damn, too bad I have class and MIR is 2 hours away from me, not going to be able to make it there! I like that show too wish I would of knew about it sooner.

Boobinspector

Established Member
I am trying to make it on Thursday.. Turns out I have watch wednesday from 12PM to 8AM. So I plan getting off of watch, take a nap and then head up to the track. The biggest thing is I am hoping not to break another half shaft. Hey by the way nice meeting you Justin and thank for the help man. I was finally able to fix it Sunday afternoon. It also gave me the opertunity to change out the fuel filter.

96n03Cobra

Kenne screwed me
Established Member
Good meeting you too Mark. Glad you're back up and running. At least your ride wasn't out of commission very long. How long did it take you to swap out that half shaft?

On a side note - Ginny you gave us permission to hi-jack your threads in your dyno thread. I'm just taking advantage :p

Boobinspector

Established Member
Well it would have taken less time if I had not unintentionally missed a step or two. But all in all. It probably took longer cleaning all the grease out from under the car and the inside of the wheel. Oh and by the way nice meeting you too Ginny. Hopefully we both will be in the show.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I love that show too, but unfortunately I gotta work. To bad they didn't do that over the course of several evenings instead.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
This would be an awesome event for NOVI to show up at. Then again, how many people do not know that coupe.

TRBO VNM

have fun. I may head over thurs to check it out. not racing though.

actually, weather shows rain till sunday. tomorrow sunny and then raining tomorrow night. if it is clear I am planning to head to the meet in leonardtown or lexington park that mark has been talking about.

Boobinspector

Established Member
Man Jason, everytime I think I might get up there. Something always goes against me. ( i.e. rain, the wife has to work, or a watch I have to stand.) But we will see about tonight. I know my son nate would love to go.

951MystiCobra

Cobraless and Lurking.
Established Member
Man yall are wussies.... I've been working 12 hour days just so I could take off Thursday rofl.

But... I guess I have to learn how to do a real burnout before tomorrow. :shrug:

I'll let yall know how things turn out. I'll probably make an ass of myself too, but hey at least it'll be fun. :coolman:

96n03Cobra

Kenne screwed me
Established Member
I can't make the Ltown car show tonight with you guys. I'm trying to make my way up to Waldorf to finally pick up my beater car.

Burning out is the easy part. Rev and dump. You're on regular street tires though right? Not drag radials?

TRBO VNM

wuss? lol, I am used to getting 4hrs of sleep every night and working 2 jobs. lol

and if it rains, you will be doing nothing at the track. :D

but now that my car is back together, I hope it doesn't rain.

Boobinspector

Established Member
Ginny 10 to 14 hrs is the normal work day. And for me to be able to go tommorrow I work 10hrs today and then stand a 8 hour watch to night so that equals to working just about 18 straight hours. But thats navy for you.

951MystiCobra

Cobraless and Lurking.
Established Member
wuss? lol, I am used to getting 4hrs of sleep every night and working 2 jobs. lol

Ginny 10 to 14 hrs is the normal work day. And for me to be able to go tommorrow I work 10hrs today and then stand a 8 hour watch to night so that equals to working just about 18 straight hours. But thats navy for you.

Yes and I'm sure both of you guys make more than I do soooo I'd say it about equals out. They don't pay me enough over here (I'm Navy too) to put in these hours.

And Justin... I'm on street tires. So there's only so much I can do anyways, but I am still gonna go home tonight and practice rofl. Just so I don't make too much of an ass of myself. :nonono:

Boobinspector

Established Member
Ginny trust me do not burn out unless you just want to put on a show. Street tires do alot better if you go around the water box. And if anything backup a little and just spin up to the line that should get the residual water off. In flating the front tires helps alittle ( less resistance same philosphy as skinnys up front). Letting out some air in the back helps as well you are just trying to get your tread to be level in the rear. Letting out to much air will make your tires arch and that is bad to. You just have to see what work best forr you. BURNING OUT ON STREET TIRES IS A WASTE OF TIME AND EXPENSIVE.) Oh do not dump the clutch all you will get is spinning and more than likely wheel hop. Your best bet is work on shifting. Start off by driving it like you would on the street then progressivlly get more aggressive. Best luck. And don't break a half shaft like me.

Boobinspector

Established Member
Yes and I'm sure both of you guys make more than I do soooo I'd say it about equals out. They don't pay me enough over here (I'm Navy too) to put in these hours.

And Justin... I'm on street tires. So there's only so much I can do anyways, but I am still gonna go home tonight and practice rofl. Just so I don't make too much of an ass of myself. :nonono:

I probably do but then after bills and everything else it really isn't much. But you also have to think about time in service and paygrade.

Users who are viewing this thread