Pass Time at MIR

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I feel for you guys. It's been a long time since I've HAD to work longer than an 8 hour day. I do work longer than that occasionally, but not unless the situation warrants it.

951MystiCobra

Cobraless and Lurking.
Established Member
Ginny trust me do not burn out unless you just want to put on a show. Street tires do alot better if you go around the water box. And if anything backup a little and just spin up to the line that should get the residual water off. In flating the front tires helps alittle ( less resistance same philosphy as skinnys up front). Letting out some air in the back helps as well you are just trying to get your tread to be level in the rear. Letting out to much air will make your tires arch and that is bad to. You just have to see what work best forr you. BURNING OUT ON STREET TIRES IS A WASTE OF TIME AND EXPENSIVE.) Oh do not dump the clutch all you will get is spinning and more than likely wheel hop. Your best bet is work on shifting. Start off by driving it like you would on the street then progressivlly get more aggressive. Best luck. And don't break a half shaft like me.

Yeah I was half joking about the burnout... All summer I've been running 12.40's without doing a burnout and no adjustments to the tires. So I'll just stick to what I know. ;-)

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
In flating the front tires helps alittle ( less resistance same philosphy as skinnys up front).

Eh, that's a stretch. The use of skinnies in the front has several benefits, the least of which is rolling resistance. The rotating mass that you save is the biggest benefit. To get the kind of reduced rolling resistance you want out of factory tires you would need to over inflate them to a dangerous level. Then you'd be risking a blowout. I'd rather leave them where they are designed to be and maintain proper control of the vehicle.

If you want skinnies, go for it, but otherwise leave your front tires alone.

Users who are viewing this thread