Paranormal Activity (The Movie)

Defknotzero

Established Member
I saw it here in Chicago. It was pretty damn freaky. Everyone in the theater was tweaking out over some of the parts. Especially the ending.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
were gonna see it today at 1030!!!!
they only have 1 showing a day at 1 theatre here in S.A.
i had to buy my tickets on Sun. to see it Thurs......WTF!!! that and the lines are about an hour wait....this damn thing better make me crap in my pants.

M3xpress

Established Member
I thought it looked pretty interesting, didn't know they were expanding it to all theatres, may have to check it out.

Sarge_13

Established Member
were gonna see it today at 1030!!!!
they only have 1 showing a day at 1 theatre here in S.A.
i had to buy my tickets on Sun. to see it Thurs......WTF!!! that and the lines are about an hour wait....this damn thing better make me crap in my pants.

I didn't know it was in SA. Which theater??

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
I have been following this movie for alittle while...seen its preview about month ago....read serveral review this week on it...

Some say that at the first showings of this, in one city
30 people walked out not because it was no good but couldn't stand to watch anymore because they were scared....

One reason I am so interested in this movie is I work with a Girl who claims some of the same things happened to her when she was 18-19-21 years of age. All told to me before this movie came out....She tells it as if it happened to her last night. She almost breaks down each time she talks about it....All things like this moive, Wiege Board, the bite marks, her boyfriend was with her, finally her mom had to sleep with her at the age of 21 before she would go to sleep, and once her mom experience it, they done some things to remove the spirits and all was well.....ummmmm. Freaky don't you think....

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Wow, I just looked it up on Fandango and starting tomorrow, it's playing at 4 theaters within 15 miles of me, with about 10 showings a day at each place. Might have to go see this since the GF and her roommate like scary movies. I like them, but get totally freaked out at psych thrillers like this.

Oh, and I just moved into a new house (to me, built in the 50's probably), and my room is in the basement, so needless to say, I'm probably going to have some trouble sleeping if it's as scary as they say.

Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
If it plays around here, I'll definitely go see it, but of course it's not playing in CT at all. There's nothing better than a great thriller, in my opinion; unfortunately, there are so few of them, though.

Last edited:

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
My brother and 2 cousins saw the movie a few weeks back when they did a select city viewing they all said it was the scariest movie they have ever seen and admitted it really messed with there heads for a few days..lol
I personally will not see it for one reason.. I have had some paranormal experiences and they stopped a few years ago and I wanna keep it that way.... Its freaky shit to deal with and thats about all I can say.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I didn't know it was in SA. Which theater??

1 showing bro, 1030 every night at Huebner oaks...had to buy mine like a week in advance. good luck! however tickets are only $12 for two! :beer:

CobraMac

Established Member
Haha I can't waittt to see this. I know I'll have some trouble coming home though and have to do the turn on every light in the house thing

Chris C

Established Member
Just saw it last night this is a great effing movie!

Its pretty remarkable that is only cost them $15k to make it too, not to mention it sat in a store room for 2 years before any company wanted to pick it up.

This movie is by far one of the scariest only bc i think a lot of people can relate to it in some way.... just ask your self, have you ever had moments where u thought u turned a light off but it was on? Or closed a door only to find it open later, and thinking to your self you knew u closed the door...? or thought you heard foot steps...?

I was turned off to the movie when people were saying it was like blair witch. I so i was thinking the camera would be all over the place. The movie is shot from their perspective (which i think helps set the mood) holding the camera, but there isnt a lot of jumbeling around with it.

My 26yo room mate saw the movie and slept with his door open that night. :lol1:

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member
The only 1 showing times I've seen for here is Thurs night/ friday morning at 12:01am. Then the following days have like 6+ showings each.

IveGotTheBlues

Yes..That is me
Established Member
My 26yo room mate saw the movie and slept with his door open that night. :lol1:

Hmm... If there was some sort of force out to get you, wouldn't you want to sleep with the door closed and a light on?

If you left the door open, they would just come right in... I think it would be creepier than closing and locking the door.

That's a good sign though, that he was that scared.

Users who are viewing this thread