Paranormal Activity (The Movie)

02saleen

Established Member
..funnier then scarier...def waste of 18 bucks!

even my date was like wtf that movie was lame and she was scared shitless during the previews lol...maybe it was the hype i was expecting it to be better but thats me i think a haunting on the discovery channel is scarier lol

97BlackCobra

Watched the original ending and it was still an effective film. I hate the fact that this movie will spawn watered down knock offs in the next few months to years.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
I watched it tonight. I think it was a ok movie, it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. I missed out on some parts due to being in the front row and getting motion sickness. I will probably re-watch it at the end of the week.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I think one of the things that irritated me the most was the plot with the Diane thing went NOWHERE. I don't know why they even put it in the film. It had no impact on anything. They could have removed it entirely and it would have made absolutely no difference.

Mayo5

Established Member
I think one of the things that irritated me the most was the plot with the Diane thing went NOWHERE. I don't know why they even put it in the film. It had no impact on anything. They could have removed it entirely and it would have made absolutely no difference.

Yep. It was dumb, unoriginal and did not lead anywhere. The actors were NOT able to sell this movie at all.

fordified

Banned
This movie was way over-hyped. Not that scary IMO. Freaky, maybe 1 part, but scary, absolutely not. Glad I watched it on the internet and didn't waste money.

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
this movie shits on blair witch project imo...

blair witch left me just being pissed off that I wasted money on it.

this movie is as scary as your imagination allows it to be. to me it was pretty scary because supernatural spirits like ghosts and demons are 100x more believable than the science fictional monsters in movies like the hills have eyes or something of that sort where the monster's features are what bring out the fear like if they are a giant grotesique thing with claws or something. I thought for a cast of 3 and 15,000 spending money... I got my scare treatment filled. I didn't really have any trouble sleeping but I definitly did think about it before bed the next few nights and start wondering What If's lol.

I'd talk about more aspects but I really don't want to give any big spoilers away.

MLMike25

Established Member
I liked it. IMO this is the scariest movie I've ever seen. Not b/c it was scary on its own, but b/c it stuck with me for like a week afterwards.

It stuck with me b/c that night, after seeing the movie, I'm in bed and a BANG on my bedroom door wakes me up. I sat for a minute and I knew it was my dog lazily flopping down next to my bedroom door, but the timing was really bad. I got up to confirm and it was the dog.

A little while later, the power flashed in my house and my DVR/TV came on (due to power cycle). Sigh. Again, BAD timing for this crap to happen, so it made the damn movie stick in my head all weekend.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Although I imagine it's been said already, I can't even imagine how much money that filmmaker has made so far. It's amazing what one really great idea, a little cleverness, and a few grand can do for you.

MLMike25

Established Member
I believe the film maker sold it to a movie studio for 300K and the movie studio did the rest. Not sure what kind of residual they might've negotiated though.

According to the Wikipedia page for this story, Steve Spielberg watched this movie at his house and the next day he brought it back to the studio in a bag b/c the doors in the room he watched it in all locked and he couldn't get out without the help of a locksmith lol. Funny & weird.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
I completely agree. Everytime it went night time and you saw them laying there you could hear the whole theatre move and people shift because they were nervous haha. I got the chills multiple times in the movie. I really liked it!

I would get chills not knowing where to look on the screen.

This movie was way over-hyped. Not that scary IMO. Freaky, maybe 1 part, but scary, absolutely not. Glad I watched it on the internet and didn't waste money.

Watching it in theaters with other people is what makes the movie so good. Everyone is shifting and nervous the whole time. My hand hurts today thanks to my gf squeezing through the whole movie. This was the "scariest" movie I've ever seen. I don't jump or get chills when watching scary movies. The only one that it has happened before on was the Hills Have Eyes. Paranormal Activity freaked me out. Great movie.

roadbratt

i drive the speed limit
Established Member
there is a leaked alternative ending out on the internets. i watched a few minutes of it earlier and it seems to be 2/3rds of the whole movie.

anybody else hear about this?

ozziememz

Established Member
its ok, good concept, the guys minted now....its definitly NOT the scariest movie of all time

watch Audition if you wanna be scared

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Finally watch it last night. It was boring and predictable. The ending was cornball and the 'actors' didn't sell it too well. I was left with a big WTF at the end.

It had potential to dig deep into creepy territory, but they missed some opportunities. The Diane thing for one.

I just sat there staring at the screen waiting for stuff to happen. The part with her leg looked funny when it happened.

Oh well. Can't win em all.

Users who are viewing this thread