Pace setter long tubes or bassani mid lengths

boost88

Established Member
I used replacement oem style studs with nuts. They fit in all 16 holes and can be tightened. If you don't have a crows foot 13mm you need to buy one before starting the job trust me on this.

Aslo what year? If it's a true 96 to 98 cobra the pace setter x pipe won't fit because of the trans crossmember

Sent from my SM-G988U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

4vgt

Established Member
It’s a 97 GT with a 98 Cobra motor. I know the tranny mounts are different, so hopefully I don’t have that issue. I will mock it up tonight so I know.

I have BBK headers now and don’t remember what hardware I used, so I will just get a new set of studs.

Last edited:

boost88

Established Member
I just keep asking for more...sorry.

1. Pics of header ground clearance when she is off ramps.

2. Report of steering feel and response with the new under drive steering pulley.

Please.
Just a heads up it's a noticeable change on the power steering. It's stiffer but also feels better if that makes sense? By no means are you 2 hand cranking to turn even at a stop but you will feel a reduction in assistance

shurur

Established Member
Just a heads up it's a noticeable change on the power steering. It's stiffer but also feels better if that makes sense? By no means are you 2 hand cranking to turn even at a stop but you will feel a reduction in assistance

Sweet...
Deadens the power steering to give more feedback or feel.
Excellent...and cheaper then getting a new rack.

Thanks!!!!!

Although the 2000R had a "deader" rack ratio as well as the 4" UDP.

Last edited:

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
this is the video. He has a few more videos on the header install like a series.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

It's somewhat hard to tell at the beginning of that video, but did you have to do any trimming to the actual car or just to the stock k member? I've got a Team Z k member going into the car so I shouldn't have any issues with the stock k member clearance, but I don't want to clearance anything on the body of the car itself.

Also, for your IMRC deletes. What gaskets are you running from the head to the bottom of the IMRC delete plate?

boost88

Established Member
It's somewhat hard to tell at the beginning of that video, but did you have to do any trimming to the actual car or just to the stock k member? I've got a Team Z k member going into the car so I shouldn't have any issues with the stock k member clearance, but I don't want to clearance anything on the body of the car itself.

Also, for your IMRC deletes. What gaskets are you running from the head to the bottom of the IMRC delete plate?
There is a folded piece if metal on the body that needs trimmed. It's going to be near the k member where it bolts. I just cut it off with the plasma in no time. Once you get the headers in place you'll see what I'm talking about.

As far as IMRC gaskets, everything is oem just like before. I had to snip the tabs off one side of the gasket but that was about it. Seals great 0 leaks.

For all who read this I'll give another tip. I recommend you find another way to attach the midpipe other than a slip fit. My solution is to weld v bands on it. In all fairness I could have probably used a better quality exhaust clamp but mine leaks like hell. I had to cake it in rtv for it to even be bearable while tuning the car.

boost88

Established Member
Edit: here is a photo of what I had to trim on the body
20220113_184251.jpeg

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
I am just about to the point where I'm about ready to test fit the headers. Stock K member is out, just need to pull the stock manifolds off and replace pilot bearing and rear main seal. I'll give the header tube a wack with a socket first before I cut the body though. The Roadkill garage guys did this dyno test on a set of headers that they whacked multiple times with a sledge hammer to test what effects this had on performance. It was literally no changes until they beat the primaries hard and every single primary:

Last edited:

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
Did your headers and X pipe not come with clamps? Mine came with clamps to use at the collector connection.

boost88

Established Member
I had to custom make adapters for my existing bassani x pipe. I tried to do the same thing pace setter does and use the slip fit but it sucked. The v bands worked great. I did try using those shitty auto parts store clamps but they weren't worth a damn.
Did your headers and X pipe not come with clamps? Mine came with clamps to use at the collector connection.

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
I had to custom make adapters for my existing bassani x pipe. I tried to do the same thing pace setter does and use the slip fit but it sucked. The v bands worked great. I did try using those shitty auto parts store clamps but they weren't worth a damn.

Good to know. I will definitely have to try and keep an eye on those. Luckily that probably isn't a tough fix even after the exhaust is on as that connection is easily accessible.

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
What K member are you running? The stocker? I have a Team Z going in and I am not even close to being able to mount up the K member. I figured I would have more room than anything, but I was way wrong. The issue is the first primary on the passenger side runs right over top of the upper K member mounting point (the rearward of the two. These are the two that are inside the factory spring bucket area of the stock k member).

Attachments

• Team Z K member 5.jpg
    Team Z K member 5.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Team Z K member 4.jpg
    Team Z K member 4.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 51

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
The driver side has a TON of room. I know the engines in these cars are slightly offset to the passenger side from the factory, but this seems excessive. The pics are with prothane motor mounts, but I swapped to the stockers and it makes no difference.

Attachments

• Team Z K member 3.jpg
    Team Z K member 3.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Team Z K member 2.jpg
    Team Z K member 2.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Team Z K member 6.jpg
    Team Z K member 6.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 51

boost88

Established Member
The driver side has a TON of room. I know the engines in these cars are slightly offset to the passenger side from the factory, but this seems excessive. The pics are with prothane motor mounts, but I swapped to the stockers and it makes no difference.
I'm running the stock K. Something doesn't look right. I did have passenger side issues but only on the bottom not the top like you are. Do you have a stock k memeber to check it against? That just seems super odd. A friend of mine has a mach with team z and long tubes his fit perfectly

5.0calypso93lx

Established Member
I'm running the stock K. Something doesn't look right. I did have passenger side issues but only on the bottom not the top like you are. Do you have a stock k memeber to check it against? That just seems super odd. A friend of mine has a mach with team z and long tubes his fit perfectly

I do still have the stock K and am going to check it against that. Do you happen to have better pics of your passenger side header before it went on?

Users who are viewing this thread