Pace Setter long-tube headers...

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Anyone running these headers on their truck? If so, what mid pipes are you running?

Got an exhaust leak making itself evident coming from the passengers side manifold near the back of the manifold. I am thinking when I had the truck at the dealer for a warranty catalytic converter replacement, they may have yanked, pried, etc to cause an issue with the manifold seal.

At any rate, I do not have the $ for Kooks/Dynatechs, etc. This is the reason I am considering the Pace Setter headers. I know lots of local guys who run them on LS1 cars, and have 0 issues. Didn't know if any of you all could enlighten me on how they fit on the Lightning, etc.

Thanks for the help....:beer:

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
Did they come with gaskets and all hardware? Any modifications to make the Bassani mid pipe bolt up?

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I had the MSX Pacesetters on my old Lightning. The fit was really nice, and had custom mids put on with them. I know a few guys running them on their LS1s as well.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Talked with a guy yesterday who has them with high flows and magnapacks. Says it's loud. The headers he said were of good quality. I will see if he will chime in here.

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
All I've read is mixed reviews on them. Hope you get some straight forward answers, I've been looking at them for awhile.

I had picked up a set of the MSX ones and the build quality actually looked pretty good - never got a chance to install them as a friend needed them for his truck. Also have a set on my SS F-body and they're a great fit and seem to be holding up well - a lot of the F-body guys are using them with no problems at all.....................

Bird

svtsilverback

Established Member
keep in mind the cost of having your mid-pipe modded to fit the long tubes. And if you still have the stock cats the cost of two high flow cats to go along with the headers.

ecoastkid

Established Member
I have pacesetters...not really any probs. I resused the ford gaskets and aftermarket header bolts...(Cant think of the name, but its what most ppl use around here I think.

This is ironic because I just logged in to post a thread about the exhaust gaskets..lol

ecoastkid

Established Member
almost forgot...I had a custom midpipe fabbed because I wasnt sure which companys would bolt up.

I brought it back two weeks later and had 2 cats installed to quiet it down...:-D (I have the dynatech cat back which uses dual magnaflow mufflers)

lightning666

Established Member
you can just buy two 90 degree mandrel bends and 2x 45 degree mandrel bends for cheap on ebay and any muffler shop should be able to hook it up to your existing catback. thats what i did with my kooks. But I think the pacesetters have slip on collectors so you would either need some flanges maybe.

ecoastkid

Established Member
I've had a problem around here...They just dont care

*edit*...
I meant I've had NO problems around here..lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread