Pace Setter long-tube headers...

wakeboardin2k4

Established Member
Any hp gains? Or mostly just sounds better? And also when people are removing their existing headers has anyone had to use an impact gun to remove the headers from the midpipe? I can't get mine off for the life of me

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Any hp gains? Or mostly just sounds better? And also when people are removing their existing headers has anyone had to use an impact gun to remove the headers from the midpipe? I can't get mine off for the life of me

You not going to see a huge gain in hp from a set of Long Tubes unless you running a built motor and kb/whipple setup. As far as getting the bolts loose, get some PB Blaster and spray it on there. That stuff works better than WD-40 does hands down. Let it sit on there for a few mins. and then try to get the bolts loose.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
You not going to see a huge gain in hp from a set of Long Tubes unless you running a built motor and kb/whipple setup. As far as getting the bolts loose, get some PB Blaster and spray it on there. That stuff works better than WD-40 does hands down. Let it sit on there for a few mins. and then try to get the bolts loose.

+1

You won't see much gain at all until you upgrade to a bigger blower or ported heads/cams. It will definitely be louder though.

I have no idea how good the Pacesetter's are for Lightnings, but I have a few friends that run them on LSX cars and they like them.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Scott how much longer before the Turbo set up is done? Looks like there might be three turbo trucks from PSI at Lfest this year.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
2 weeks! LOL

No seriously, about 2 weeks or so. Then I'm taking it up to BTS for the tranny install. I can't wait! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread