P0402 Code... Help

fernie18

Established Member
I had done a Romeo 2v swap on my '00 Mustang GT and swapped over my intake, TB, Plenum, etc. But then I got the following symptoms of:Rough idle, Low idle RPM (In my opinion), smells like gas when I turn it on, and bucks when I let off the brake. A check engine light did come on. Which was P0402 and P1401. I replaced the following already: IAC, EGR valve, The DPFE, and anther solenoid related to the EGR. Cleared the codes but it still had the same symptoms. So I ran the car and plugged in my code reader and the CEL isn't on but the P0402 code came back. I've looked around the engine bay for an vacuum leaks. The only things I've found (haven't replaced yet) that one of the lines leading up to the DPFE has a small tear but at the top portion. Could that still have an effect even the tear is at the way top of the hose? And then I found that the drivers side valve cover that receives the PCV hose is broken at the entry way. Could the hose not being fully plugged correctly into the valve covers cause this kind of issue? I'm stuck. Any help would help you guys ! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread