P&P 01 Cobra intake vs Sullivan upper/lower setup

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
What would be the gains for both roughly and cost. Take into consideration that changing to the sullivan would mean reloacting a few things and adding additional pipes. So the 01 would be rather easy in terms of just taking it off and having it ported and polished, either way it would be better than stock.

Curious as I plan to upgraded my fuel and turn the boost up some on some decent gas, 4in DP with a cut out is the exhaust on a 76mm non BB .96 ar

The dyno I use is rather low compared to most dyno's, the car made 680/690 18* on 110 and roughly 19psi.

HoustonSVT

Army Strong
Established Member
What would be the gains for both roughly and cost. Take into consideration that changing to the sullivan would mean reloacting a few things and adding additional pipes. So the 01 would be rather easy in terms of just taking it off and having it ported and polished, either way it would be better than stock.

Curious as I plan to upgraded my fuel and turn the boost up some on some decent gas, 4in DP with a cut out is the exhaust on a 76mm non BB .96 ar

The dyno I use is rather low compared to most dyno's, the car made 680/690 18* on 110 and roughly 19psi.

Sorry I can't positively answer your question because I don't have either, just wanted to share with you what I am looking at. I was looking at the cobra intake due to the shorter runner length so I would have more push down low and probably have Nazty Performance due a port job on it.

Nazty Performance -Your Source!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...306-another-turbo-intake-manifold-option.html

A lot of people have good things to say about that company.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I rev to around 6700 and don't plan to go any higher on this motor. I guess i'm wanting a little more but don't want to make the jump to the sullivan if I have something I can send off and get close to in the flow department.

Janstang

Established Member
I made 827rwhp through a non-locking converter utilizing one of Naz's P/P intakes, intake spacer, and a twin 65 Accufab TB. My shifts points were 7000rpm. You'll give up alittle topend to the Sullivan, but you'll have some nice low-end, wheras the Sullivan would suffer..

Nazman

Established Member
For those looking for an intake who would give you sick top end with low and midrange power comparable or better than stock/ported intake! Ur ported short runner gained 52RWHP @ 6800RPM vs a ported intake w no losses down low! This intake maintains stock TB location and all the stock sensors! FI gains would be much more agressive! Hell, 52rw NA are just incredible not matched by a single mod other than nitrous! Just incredible! Get me 10 intakes and we will do a group purchase rate for the turbo guys!!!! Naz

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Naz- I was checking out your site today and noticed the ported intake ($590) and then the short runner for ($99x), which one are you talking about that gained 52rwhp on a n/a setup? I wasn't sure if the short runner included porting the upper intake also, let me know. A group buy would be awesome if we could get enough people on board.

Last edited:

Nazman

Established Member
Naz- I was checking out your site today and noticed the ported intake ($590) and then the short runner for ($99x), which one are you talking about that gained 52rwhp on a n/a setup? I wasn't sure if the short runner included porting the upper intake also, let me know. A group buy would be awesome if we could get enough people on board.

The Ported Short Runner is the one that gained 52RWHP over a ported intake @ 6800RPMs with no losses down low.

Well.....Ill work on it. From here, Mod Fords and others will be easily done.

It could be Turbo or NA cars.

Naz

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
The Ported Short Runner is the one that gained 52RWHP over a ported intake @ 6800RPMs with no losses down low.

Well.....Ill work on it. From here, Mod Fords and others will be easily done.

It could be Turbo or NA cars.

Naz

Were they tested with the same motor, cams?

Do you have before/after dyno graphs?

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
I bought a P&P Sullivan off Naz, on the dyno today I made some serious numbers. Im sure not all credit goes to Naz, but Im sure it's helped !

Janstang

Established Member
For those looking for an intake who would give you sick top end with low and midrange power comparable or better than stock/ported intake! Ur ported short runner gained 52RWHP @ 6800RPM vs a ported intake w no losses down low! This intake maintains stock TB location and all the stock sensors! FI gains would be much more agressive! Hell, 52rw NA are just incredible not matched by a single mod other than nitrous! Just incredible! Get me 10 intakes and we will do a group purchase rate for the turbo guys!!!! Naz
Too bad the new setup is a 5.4L or I'd jump on this..

Nazman

Established Member
I'm in the same position. I can either use a P&P '01 Cobra intake or Sullivan.

RicCuS,

Ill recomend a Ported Short Runner custom to your application! It will greatly help with spool, mid range and carry the power band to 6800-7000RPMs! With no power losses down low!! The best of both worlds!

Another thing is that you dont have to change the location of the stock TB or sensors! No need to extend wire harnesses or anything while still make more power down low and mid range than the stock or stock ported or Sully and top end power to challenge the Sully up to ~7000RPMs!

Email me at: [email protected] or PM me for more specific details!

Naz

Nazman

Established Member
Slide25

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
RicCuS,

Ill recomend a Ported Short Runner custom to your application! It will greatly help with spool, mid range and carry the power band to 6800-7000RPMs! With no power losses down low!! The best of both worlds!

Another thing is that you dont have to change the location of the stock TB or sensors! No need to extend wire harnesses or anything while still make more power down low and mid range than the stock or stock ported or Sully and top end power to challenge the Sully up to ~7000RPMs!

Email me at: [email protected] or PM me for more specific details!

Naz

Thank you for the information! How much will this service cost? I'm pretty much on board. :)

I sent you an email as well. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread