Owner of 99-02 cobra that lost to my friends 350z, you on here?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Wow... is it really Hard for you guys to believe a 350z beat a 99cobra ? You have to be kidding me, get over your selves..

Can't argue with that logic..."get over yourselves"...

So the 350 Z must have beat the Cobra then because YOU believe it.

Anything can happen on the street but I doubt the high reving 4V would lose at higher speeds....From a Dig..huh..quite possible.

Sounds like Cobra needed a driver Mod

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
There actually WAS a 2002 Cobra......

1_2002-mustang-cobra-side-doors.jpg

1_2002-mustang-cobra-side.jpg

1_2002-mustang-cobra-rear.jpg

1_2002-mustang-cobra-front.jpg

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
damn u blade runner i was gonna do that..u bastaddd...and yea those Z's are known for their reeling in..i had a few pull on me on the freeway when my car was on cruise control...

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
OP what year was your friends 350Z?

if he had the HR motor then i can see it happening. ive raced a stock 99 cobra with a loaner 07 G35 sedan and barely pulled on him in the high end.
but if it was an earlier 350Z with just the regular VQ (non HR) then i call :bs:

...factory freak 350Z?.....yeah...ummm.....no.

Last edited:

jeffs

Established Member
I don't think N/A Cobras are going to be very quick without at least a nice list of bolt ons, but aren't those 350Z's somewhat quick, they look racey without too much of the "fart can" look? Seen one getting on it here in town and it looked kind of fast?

Just from what I seen, i could imagine an N/A Cobra getting beat by one, unless I'm thinking of the wrong kind of Nissan?

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
lets just say i raced an 03 350Z last month in my 5spd max with just a y-pipe and i was barely able to nudge him out all the way till 130 when we shut it down. thats how embarassingly slow the older 350Z's were.
now the 350Z's equipped with the more potent VQ35HR have a little more "kick" in them and are able to clip off high 13's low 14's. same territory as the older Cobra's.
so i can see the Cobra getting pulled on but ONLY if it was a newer 350Z (07-09)

Sil80sx

Established Member
I mean, if this is so hard to believe I welcome any fellow N/A 4v member to join us for our common little cruise from Azusa to LA. You can PM me for contact info =)

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
More than likely. A 100% stock z wouldn't "reel in" a 99/01 cobra the cobra either wasn't really racing and just gave it some trottle for a sec and your bad ass friend did the ricer fly by, or he raced a GT with cobra badges. And from the sounds of it you or your friend don't know too much about mustangs so I'll go ahead and assume your friend had no idea what he "raced".

This...again!!! A basically stock New Edge is just starting to breath with 8 holes vs. his 6 at the top end. I don't see the "reel in"...I see the steady "walk away". Cobra dude let off. Been up against some Z's even in the twisties... not overly impressed. Do like the car though.

Sil80sx

Established Member
I don't think anyone truly doubted the story.
He tells this lame story about his friend's amazing "factory freak" Z.
He don't even what kind car his friend raced.

I know I dont even what kind car friend mined raced. Is I are werent there.

Jesus...... you guys are giving me a lot of crap just because I didnt know the production years of the damn 4v new edge cobra.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I know I dont even what kind car friend mined raced. Is I are werent there.

Jesus...... you guys are giving me a lot of crap just because I didnt know the production years of the damn 4v new edge cobra.

It is ok we still love you

Sil80sx

Established Member
Check this out, this is my new dyno numbers (much more conservative than my previous 300whp obviously)

dyno2.jpg

And when I raced him from 3rd at 5500rpms, he beats me by about a car or more depending how I shift.

Sil80sx

Established Member
in your sig you have an STI. i thought you said the race was between a G35 and a cOBRA?

The race was between my friends car (HR 350z) and a cobra. He told me about it and I wanted to see if the owner was a member on here.

I posted my dyno sheet as reference so you guys can get an idea of how fast his 350z is. Those are the numbers my STi is putting down and he beats me by about 1 car or more from a roll on 3rd-5th.

Users who are viewing this thread