Owner of 99-02 cobra that lost to my friends 350z, you on here?

Sil80sx

Established Member
It was by the 10 / 57 freeway and it happened while you 2 were on the 10 west. He said you were a 99-02 convertible cobra and you initiated the race but my friend ended it :burnout: It started off with you taking the punch and my friends Z having to play catch up. He reeled you in on 3rd and got you by a car. You continued on the 10 fwy and he got on the 57 north. His Z was pretty fast huh? Oh yeah its 100% STOCK :D

Slowtsi

Slow car driver
Established Member
Lol this post seems pretty trool like. In all reality a 99 or 01 (no 02) cobra should have an edge on a 350z. I have a z so I'd say that's an unbiased opinion/

Last edited:

Sil80sx

Established Member
Oh thats right it is 99-01 haha my mistake. I was just going off the logic that 03-04 were the beasts and the rest were N/A's. My friend has one of the fastest 350z's I've ever met, it seems to be a factory freak. When he told me that he beat a cobra on the freeway I just wanted to see if the owner was on here to see what his mods were. My friend's black z just has coilovers, gram lights and no muffler. So not sure if you wanna consider removing a muffler a power mod?

Sil80sx

Established Member
Im surprised you got away with that, they didn't let him run with his muffler off a couple weeks ago at street legals in ontario.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Oh thats right it is 99-01 haha my mistake. I was just going off the logic that 03-04 were the beasts and the rest were N/A's. My friend has one of the fastest 350z's I've ever met, it seems to be a factory freak. When he told me that he beat a cobra on the freeway I just wanted to see if the owner was on here to see what his mods were. My friend's black z just has coilovers, gram lights and no muffler. So not sure if you wanna consider removing a muffler a power mod?

You mean 99 or 01 :beer:

Sil80sx

Established Member
No not or, I mean a 99 THROUGH 01. I do remember when I raced my friends Z with my 98 cobra vert and I just had an intake and catless h-pipe, I rarely beat him. It was a drivers race but for the most part his car pulled on me.

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
No not or, I mean a 99 THROUGH 01. I do remember when I raced my friends Z with my 98 cobra vert and I just had an intake and catless h-pipe and I rarely beat him. It was a drivers race but for the most part his car pulled on me.

The only cobra they made in 2000 was the 2000 cobra R if you had raced one you would have known it. Not only would have you gotten stomped you would be in here describing the huge wing, crazy front bumper and lack of an interior.

so as I said 99 or 01

Edit: They only made 300 of them.
2000CobraRRed.jpg

Last edited:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
It was by the 10 / 57 freeway and it happened while you 2 were on the 10 west. He said you were a 99-02 convertible cobra and you initiated the race but my friend ended it :burnout: It started off with you taking the punch and my friends Z having to play catch up. He reeled you in on 3rd and got you by a car. You continued on the 10 fwy and he got on the 57 north. His Z was pretty fast huh? Oh yeah its 100% STOCK :D

The cobra was more than likely stock too

Sil80sx

Established Member
The amount of ownage I gave myself in this thread for no0bing up the production years is unmeasurable. I will stand down on any other info given about the cobra he raced, lol.

STR8JAKT

Tis but a Scratch
Established Member

CoolStoryBro.gif

He must of forgot to turn his NAAWWWZZZZZ on. Watch out for those factory freak Z's :rollseyes

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
Maybe it was a V6 with snakes on it lol

More than likely. A 100% stock z wouldn't "reel in" a 99/01 cobra the cobra either wasn't really racing and just gave it some trottle for a sec and your bad ass friend did the ricer fly by, or he raced a GT with cobra badges. And from the sounds of it you or your friend don't know too much about mustangs so I'll go ahead and assume your friend had no idea what he "raced".

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
The amount of ownage I gave myself in this thread for no0bing up the production years is unmeasurable. I will stand down on any other info given about the cobra he raced, lol.

don't worry about it. no one expects people to be an expert on these things. people assume they made cobras every year.

:beer:

those were 'odd' years for the cobra. ford got caught producing cars with less than the advertised hp---there was actually a recall where you could get your underpowered cobra fixxed---honed intake, and software if i'm not mistaken. part of the reason why the '03's were so underrated

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
More than likely. A 100% stock z wouldn't "reel in" a 99/01 cobra the cobra either wasn't really racing and just gave it some trottle for a sec and your bad ass friend did the ricer fly by, or he raced a GT with cobra badges. And from the sounds of it you or your friend don't know too much about mustangs so I'll go ahead and assume your friend had no idea what he "raced".

This!

Qmax03

Established Member
Wow... is it really Hard for you guys to believe a 350z beat a 99cobra ? You have to be kidding me, get over your selves..

Users who are viewing this thread