overheated 10th need help

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
So I put an upper pulley on my 03 10th recently and managed to knock one of my hose clamps loose where the inlet is for the head cooling mod while doing so. I caught it and tightened down after spotting a leak the next day and fixed it. Then added coolant to the reservoir for what was lost. I also used a compression tester to identify any other leaks and it has none and holds 17 psi no problem. And there are no tell tale sign of a head gasket issue. Now the damn thing overheats every time I drive it. What gives ? Air in the system maybe ? And if so what is best way to get it out of there ? Or am I missing something else ? Thanks for any help.

2000 gt

Established Member
Just let that thing idle and get hot. Keep plenty of anti freeze close by and watch the coolant level. As the air comes up and out the level will drop. And just fill accordingly

J-Hem

Guy Trilby
Established Member
Thanks for the input. I figured that's probably what it was. Found the Reische link to do it right.

b_dike

Established Member
Just let that thing idle and get hot. Keep plenty of anti freeze close by and watch the coolant level. As the air comes up and out the level will drop. And just fill accordingly

^^^NOT THIS!!!

Find and follow the burp proceedure, then do it several times.

Users who are viewing this thread