our cars.. bumper inserts

Presteige

Established Member
The "COBRA" in the rear bumper. Where is the best place to get a nice quality insert? Who has a lot of options? Thanks guys

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Got my SS inserts from American Muscle....

121.jpg

123.jpg

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Most people do the SS inserts and have had great luck with them. I had them for a few months and didn't. Cut my finger washing the car and bent one so the set was trashed. Tried the really thin ones on my Mystic and that was a mistake. Not sure if they sell the 3D domed ones anymore but I went that route and they look great still after 5 years. -Shane
100_0755.jpg

Presteige

Established Member
Thanks guys. I have the 3d cArbon fiver looking ones and they have been on there for 7 years. There just starting to show a little wear. I really like the black chrome ones I just saw on American Muscles site.

Ratchet

Established Member
I have the stainless inserts as well. But for me they were to much shine.... so I toned em down a bit to look burnished and not so chrome like.

before
wintercobracleaning132.jpg

after
Jellybean043.jpg

SpectorV

Established Member
SS inserts here as well, I HIGHLY recommend sanding down the edges as they like to snag on towels and such. A little smoothing will go a long way.

When putting them on clean the area with alcohol etc and use painters tape to line up the letters then lift up pull backing and ease down. Once down they do NOT come up, one shot is all you get. I had to replace an R....

Ratchet

Established Member
Looks really good. What was the process?
600 grit wet/dry sandpaper. Run the sandpaper straight across the letter. Left to right or right to left, that doesn't matter. I started at the top of the letter and worked my way down. Once I was satisfied that the letter looked right and uniform I went on to the next one and did the same thing on all of them. Had to work some more than others to get them to all look the same. After finishing all the letters they will look a little dull so I brought back a little shine with mothers aluminum polish. Haven't touched them since, been caught in the rain a couple times and after washing the car they still looked the same as the day I did them. :beer:

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Definitely spend the money and get the Stainless inserts over the horribly flat stickers. Iv had my black chrome ss inserts on my dd for almost 3 years and no wear on the quality of the letters, and they have never come off or even budged since i put them on. I like the black chrome over the regular stainless because they aren't as bright/flashy.

15673713879402182331223.jpg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
600 grit wet/dry sandpaper. Run the sandpaper straight across the letter. Left to right or right to left, that doesn't matter. I started at the top of the letter and worked my way down. Once I was satisfied that the letter looked right and uniform I went on to the next one and did the same thing on all of them. Had to work some more than others to get them to all look the same. After finishing all the letters they will look a little dull so I brought back a little shine with mothers aluminum polish. Haven't touched them since, been caught in the rain a couple times and after washing the car they still looked the same as the day I did them. :beer:

Thanks, might try this.

SpectorV

Established Member

f2hatch

Established Member
I must be the only person you doesn't like the SS steel inserts not even a little bit. I have satin black ones from Ebay
spacers011.jpg

Last edited:

SCMOKN

Established Member
I must be the only person you doesn't like the SS steel inserts not even a little bit. I have satin black ones from Ebay
spacers011.jpg

You're not alone! I prefer the black decals. Maybe if the metal ones were more flush and the edges were beveled they would be nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread