Other than an SVT, what was your favorite vehicle that you owned?

MoneyPit

Busted windshield mod
Established Member
Of course our SVT's are great, but I'm sure some of you guys miss some old rust bucket that you used to drive once upon a time.

Several years ago I had a '77 Silverado. Single cab, longbed, 454, turbo 400 automatic (originally a 350 truck). It had an ugly azz yellow and white paint scheme, rusted out quarter panels, and got around 0 mpg. :lol:
The motor finally took a dump and I ended up selling it to a friend. I love my SVT, but sometimes I really miss that Silverado.

So, let's hear'em

Badasp5.0

Established Member
The only other cars I have owned is a '89 Ram 50 4x4 and a '86 Volvo 240......I do miss that little 4x4 truck it was a blast off roading in the desert and taking it camping. I miss it sometimes.

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
EDIT: what the hell is wrong with this site!!! DP but somehow someone got inbetween them and this post came after I got off this site?

Last edited:

IndiaHatCobra

Established Member
In 1996, I was a Senior in High School, I got a 92 Black Camaro Z28 with T-Tops befor the start of the school year, I was so freaking PIMP

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
I really like our SRT-8. It has plenty of room, comfortable on trips and runs really well. :thumbsup:

Wease

I Love Beavers
Established Member
You said SVT, not Ford, so I'd have to pick my '86 Mustang GT. Love the sound and the look of the old Fox Bodies. #2 would have to be my 2000 Formula WS6... :)

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Probably my black shortbed reg. cab 95 z71. 3in lift, 33's, 5 speed, leather interior, alpine/JLaudio stereo system.....I've actually had a couple dreams about having that truck back.

reddog4063

Established Member
loved my 88 civic with 256,xxx miles on it. Beat the crap out of it, hauled monster truck tires, painted purple flames on the front one night while drunk, ran it down the track and went 20.6, crashed it into stuff, shifted so hard into 3rd i punched through the dashboard...man, best $200 i ever spent! Lasted almost two years, no maintenance.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
HAHAHAHHA REDDOG...I almost pissed my pants reading your post.

I had a 96 civic for a while and had some similar stories; I think one time i actually took it offroading for a minute when i was trashed with a friend. Then I realized i was offroading in a civic...and immediatly stopped being a drunk bastard. The 3 shift dashboard story is F****** hilarious

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Tough to say. I love my Ram and my past Mustang GTs have all been fun. Surprisingly, I've grown to really love and respect the Crown Vic. It handles good, accelerates well, runs regular gas and gets 25-30 mpg on the highway. The other day I pulled alongside a guy in a mid-90s BMW M3, which I guess is the 240 hp version V6. He was a younger guy and kinda rocking the car back and forth. Light turned green and I jumped off the line and stayed in front. We enter into a curvy sections of road and I stay right beside him. Only until we straighten out does he floor it and I let him go. That's one I'm sure he'll share with his friends. :D

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
i miss this car :cryying: i know its rice but at least it was rear wheel drive. its a 1971 datsun 240-Z with all 280-ZX parts and aftermarket road race parts such as the triple mikuni carbs and the custom intercooled turbo setup. it only weighed 2400 lbs and had 300 hp. it was one of the 2 fastest road racing 240-Z's in the state of arizona. i beat a saleen mustang with it in a drag race. and i used to road race it wheel to wheel on the track with an original 60's cobra. i even tracked it against an original $1 million 1960's GT-40. he road my azz thru the twisties and then blew by me goin down the main straight like i was chained to a tree stump! my brother was ridin in the passenger seat of that GT-40 and they hit 150 mph at the end of the main straight!! bastard!!! the best i could manage was 135 mph at the end of the same straight.

6986scan0010.jpg

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Well since you said previously owned...I'll have to go with my bronco. It got HORRID gas milage, was rusty as hell, but I loved the truck anyway. I often wish I hadn't gotten rid of it, and kept it for a resoration project.

I also wish I had kept my 89CRX. It had 260k on it, but got 42mpg and NEVER broke...

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
For sheer fun, my other favorite cars were:

1996 Taurus SHO
1950 Ford V-8 (don't even remember the model, but it was built like a tank)
1962 Ford Galaxy Convertible
1972 Plymouth Satellite with U4A Police Pursuit 440-4v and police package

SVT4ME

Established Member
I loved my 91 SHO. Had with me in Germany and it loved the autobahn. Except when it rained.

Users who are viewing this thread