OSW Track Rental

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
We get 6 rentals a year as track sponsors, had a good time yesterday.
We brought out our Redeye, another local Redeye with the same mods plus a ported blower, a nasty Hellcat on a 200 shot, a local SRT4 that was trying to crack a 9.99 on PCM controlled boost, and a few shop vehicles including my new 20 GT.

In 100% stock trim, best I could do was 12.30 @ 115. Can't figure out how to 60' better than 1.9X without getting into wheel hop.
After multiple stock runs, I loaded our 93 tune. Beast mode. 11.92 @ 118 backed up 2 minutes later by an 11.97 @ 118. Happy camper. Best runs were in Track mode. Drag mode + Michelins = losing time on every shift when it gets loose. Weather was long gone at that point, DA was close to 900'. Going back next week for TnT, looking like low 40s next Wed night.
11sec_receipts.jpg

Our Redeye was being temperamental, and didn't want to leave like normal. Best pass was a 9.3X.
The other Redeye was on point, and got faster and faster throughout the day until he killed his carbon driveshaft, but it went a best of 9.31, new PB for him, and creeping on our 9.29.
The Hellcat on Nitrous was a beast, running mid 8s all day like it was easy.
The skittle....well, its a monster, look at those trap speeds. Dude can hustle a stick and works a FWD like few others. Was after a 9.99 but had to settle for a 10.01, so close!

Heres a few videos I took. We had the whole marketing team out there, will have more when they get their stuff put together. Of course nobody had a cell phone recording when I was making passes...wtf?

Our Redeye:

HellCat on 200 shot:

SRT4:

Other Redeye:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
looks like fun! I want to take the truck out there for shits and giggles but seems like everyone in the world will probably be out for the cold air. I'll try to say hi if I make it out since that's in my backyard

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
looks like fun! I want to take the truck out there for shits and giggles but seems like everyone in the world will probably be out for the cold air. I'll try to say hi if I make it out since that's in my backyard
It’s always a good time. And with the good weather comes some of the really fast cars, so it’s cool to see what shows up.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice run. Great bunch of cars and a bunch of fun. That Hellcat on juice was a beast. What a launch!

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
How much of a difference would a drag radial make?
That’s a good question.
I feel there is more to be had in the first 60’ on the stock tires, and clearly I am not spinning out of the hole on these runs.
However, this is the first car I have ever owned that will (in drag mode) get completely out of shape on the 1-2 shift, roast the 2-3, then firmly chirp the 3-4 and 4-5 shifts. I have to assume that a radial would help there for sure. Is it worth the .2+ that some claim? Hard to say.
I’m not one to solve problems I don’t have, so for now I’ll keep pushing the Michelin’s and see what I can accomplish.
I have a CAI at the office with my name on it and that may or may not get installed before next weeks TnT.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
That’s a good question.
I feel there is more to be had in the first 60’ on the stock tires, and clearly I am not spinning out of the hole on these runs.
However, this is the first car I have ever owned that will (in drag mode) get completely out of shape on the 1-2 shift, roast the 2-3, then firmly chirp the 3-4 and 4-5 shifts. I have to assume that a radial would help there for sure. Is it worth the .2+ that some claim? Hard to say.
I’m not one to solve problems I don’t have, so for now I’ll keep pushing the Michelin’s and see what I can accomplish.
I have a CAI at the office with my name on it and that may or may not get installed before next weeks TnT.

YouTube shows them guys spinning on every shift. I told my wife to just take it light on the throttle. These monsters will spin like mad

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
IMO track mode is faster on the Michellin. At least in my experience thus far.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
That’s interesting to know. Why is that?
Like I said previously, there is so much wheel spin on the shifts in drag mode that it has to be losing elapsed time. I backed that theory up by running my best times in track mode.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Bad ass.

Drag mode gave me my best times when the car was stock.

Youre definitely not needing a DR in stock form IMO.

Did you play with tire pressure at all?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Like I said previously, there is so much wheel spin on the shifts in drag mode that it has to be losing elapsed time. I backed that theory up by running my best times in track mode.

Can you alter the shifts with tuning? Im not familiar with the latest Mustang tuning.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Bad ass.

Drag mode gave me my best times when the car was stock.

Youre definitely not needing a DR in stock form IMO.

Did you play with tire pressure at all?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

No kidding..my wife barked the tires in sport mode playing around. Car shifts hard as ****

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I was surprised as hell how hard the 10R shifts in drag mode, made me think of my Lightning with a valve body

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Awesome. Did you spray the whole track with the sticky stuff? I'm kidding but everyone had a badass launch! The HC on giggle gas is no joke! Congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread