Original Tires

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I have a cobra that I recently bought that has 9,500 miles on it. Original tires. Two are stored (wider rear replicas on the a car now) and the other two are on the front of the car. Tires look new with no noticeable wear. No cracking. I would trade all four for two new front tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

How much are your 2 new tires going to cost? You can PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
I've got a set of 4 just took off of mine with 3400 miles. Rear are a bit more worn than front for obvious reason. I kept them when I put new shoes in a month ago

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

getTwisted

Established Member
I've got a set of 4 just took off of mine with 3400 miles. Rear are a bit more worn than front for obvious reason. I kept them when I put new shoes in a month ago

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Are you selling them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nol300

Established Member
All original taken off at 2k miles I keep everything as you never know and I will never get rid of her.
9bad6d89173f2a47563013782e914e0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I also have all 4 originals tires,the rears are on the shelf like new maybe 2000 miles. but fronts are low as they are still on the car. may also sell 2 stock rims soon.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I also have all 4 originals tires,the rears are on the shelf like new maybe 2000 miles. but fronts are low as they are still on the car. may also sell 2 stock rims soon.

nxhappy

Established Member
I had stockers, threw em in the trash, mounted DR's =D

lifter213

Established Member
I also still have all 4 original tires. They have decent tread left on them but like mentioned above I wouldn't feel safe driving on them at this point. They haven't been driven on in probably 12+ years...

mattmynhier

Established Member
Why the hell would you keep the stock tires? They were junk from the factory and after about 3-4 years they are basically useless... http://www.thedrive.com/opinion/5189/the-truth-behind-what-caused-paul-walkers-fatal-crash

Dude was going 100 miles an hour. I still have the originals with less than 3k on them and would feel comfortable driving on them around town. But at 100 miles per hour, no way!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's going to be tough to find a set, but they pop up here from time to time. I too have a stock pile of rare parts. I'm a geek for weird stuff and prototypes too. I even have a rare engine in my collection.

getTwisted

Established Member
It's going to be tough to find a set, but they pop up here from time to time. I too have a stock pile of rare parts. I'm a geek for weird stuff and prototypes too. I even have a rare engine in my collection.

Thats cool. What type of engine do you have?

I would like to have a low mileage Terminator Engine but I couldn't afford to just buy one to store away.

The weird thing is that I'm a neat freak and I can't stand clutter. But I have a room attached to my garage just for extra parts to pile up. It helps that I can just shut the door and not have to look at it, lol. I can't keep parts in the actual garage though. It looks like a surgical room in there now and I can't bring myself to pile up clutter.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Thats cool. What type of engine do you have?

I would like to have a low mileage Terminator Engine but I couldn't afford to just buy one to store away.

The weird thing is that I'm a neat freak and I can't stand clutter. But I have a room attached to my garage just for extra parts to pile up. It helps that I can just shut the door and not have to look at it, lol. I can't keep parts in the actual garage though. It looks like a surgical room in there now and I can't bring myself to pile up clutter.

One of these:

upload_2017-5-26_9-55-5.jpeg

getTwisted

Established Member

How much for the tires?

cj428mach

Established Member
One thing to remember too is that even if you have a blow out on older tires that even if you don't wreck the car can get severely damaged. I've seen some blow outs from older tires and the car gets the fender/rear quarter panel damaged and a $200+ tire becomes a $2000+ repair.

A guy at work scored a deal on a very nice older Ford farm truck from the early 90's that had sat for a long time. He was driving it into work and a rear tire blew out and completely crumpled the bed side of the truck. It has always made me think twice about running older tires on a vehicle I care about.

Users who are viewing this thread