Original Cobra Documentation Value

Nick03gt

Established Member
I bought an 04 Cobra used last year from a local dealer. I got in contact with the original owner recently. He has all the original docs that came with the car like window sticker, svt certificate, SVTOA key chains, calendar and the second key (which is what I really want).

He wants $600 for all this stuff. What do you think it is worth? Seems way too high to me. FYI I do have the original owners manual with the svt cobra specific book in the black case.

Nick03gt

Established Member
Well I know it isn't worth that, just was curious what others would pay for this stuff. I was hoping he would just let me have it all but no luck.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
The 'stuff' that the 1st owner has is worth nothing w/o the Cobra. the 2nd key can be remade at a ford dealer. He should give you the 'stuff' for a few bucks. IMO

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Minus the build cert I'm kind of a common courtesy sorta guy, docs go with the car but to each their own :shrug:

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
What a DB!! I can't believe that guy thinks he should even charge for it. What a Douche!!!

T0RCH3D

Established Member
What a DB!! I can't believe that guy thinks he should even charge for it. What a Douche!!!

Agreed $600! Where did he pull that out his ass, he definitely had that intention...and mostlikely will be but hurt when he doesn't get that! I would spend over $50 and thats steep for me for orig. docs!

mig4236

Established Member
$600?!! Is it made out of gold? That's freaking crazy. Tell him you'll give him $50.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
I would only probably match the value of the key and papers that it would take to replace. probably wouldnt pay more than $150 myself. But if i sold my car and found out someone wants the documentation i would just give it to them. IDK good luck OP

gtcs07

Established Member
Yeah original owner is obviously doing bath salts or something. Buy parts for the car wait 6 months till he says fine gimme 50 bucks then get it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For sure it is worthless to the original owner without the car. I would bet he purposely held all of that stuff originally, knowing that some day the current owner might want it.....at a steep price. Greed to the max! Heck, when I sold my '03 Cobra I made sure the new owner got everything I had (pretty much everything this guy has squirreled away) expect for the Powered By SVT book that came with the car.

You can get an SVT Certificate from Ford, and you can get a reproduction window sticker. The only thing of real value is the second key. I'd make him an offer for what you think it's worth. Let him know you can get those first two items easily. Hopefully he will be smart and sell you the whole package for pretty much what the key is worth, plus maybe $75. JMO.

sxecobra

Established Member
oooo that motthaaafuuuckaa.. I.didn't get shit with my car. I got a spare key that isnt even cut. lol

black 10th vert

Established Member
That is a real serious douchebag there! You can get everything you are missing replaced for less than a third of that price, so I would offer him $150-$200 max, and if he doesn't take that, then tell him to choke on it because it is completely worthless to anyone else other than the owner of that particular Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread