Original Boss owners step inside

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Bought mine in July 1st, 2012. Love it. Modified with a supercharger and love the extra oomph.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I have a GT350 on order, but I am so on the fence about it.... I'm not feeling the S550 styling and hate the idea of a 3800lb car.
My Boss is so much fun!

302 Hi Pro

Established Member
I've had mine since late 2011 and had the Boss out this afternoon, and she still gets a lot of attention. If that ever stops then I'll think about something new. But the older the Boss gets, the more attention she seems to get.

For me, she's a keeper.
302 Hi Pro

SVOGT302

Established Member
Premium Member
Purchased #961 in July, 2011......... Kona Blue with Recaro's.

65sohc

Established Member
Feb 2012, I love the car but it lacks alot of power at altitude. :bored:

I see myself in a 350R in a couple of years.

Lack of power at altitude was very apparent at Miller Motorsport Park. At an elevation of 4500+ ft. my Boss Track Attack car couldn't spin the tires more than three feet during the launch control exercise. The only cure for "altitude sickness" is forced induction. As much as I have loved my Boss for 3 1/2 years, time and technology move on. This is my third S197. My '06 GT was great in its day, but along came the GT500 and its siren song of 200 more hp. Bought an '09. The stance looked like shit, with handling to match. Enter Grigg's Racing. After an initial outlay of $16K for suspension and $1000 a year replacing failed/defective Griggs crap I threw in the towel and bought my Boss. It is by far the best car I have ever owned. Having said that, I've come to the realization that my S197 enjoyment has peaked. I drove a 2015 Performance Pack GT. I wasn't underwhelmed, but I certainly wasn't blown away. The S555 definitely lacks the "racecar with a license plate" feel of the Boss. But then there is that technology issue. I live five miles from Whipple Industries and they are more than happy to lay hands on a 2016. With Ford's new "Friends and Neighbors" pricing, for under 40 grand I can have over 700 CARB-blessed hp. A few more thou for proper wheels and tires and I'm still $30K under what dealers are demanding for the GT350. I'm not sure what I'll do with 700 hp. Probably scare myself. My Boss is fast, but not scary fast.

Last edited:

Jebadias

Established Member
I bought my 2013 Boss LS May 18, 2012 and have no plans to get rid of it at this time. I think the new GT350 is a beautiful car, and maybe someday I will decide to get one but I don't really feel the need to replace the Boss. I still get a smile every time I look back and see that cross brace in the back. The car makes me happy and that's what this is all about right?

LEATHAL VENOM

Established Member
Bought mine new in August 2013 and it was the last Grabber Blue in Ontario. I originally wanted a GT500 but couldn't get a dealer to give me a reasonable trade value for my 2003 Cobra so I bought the Boss instead and kept the Terminator. The Boss is a car like no other that I have driven as it seems like a do all for me; enough of a difference in appearance that it doesn't look like every other mustang on the road, plenty of power for the street and road course, sounds amazing with the side pipes uncorked, the Recaro seats make me feel like I'm in a race car but not in an uncomfortable way, the car handles extremely well for a stick axle car and the adjustable dampers are great at the track, almost dead hooks if you want it to and the clincher is the trackey - lumpy idle (wish it was more aggressive but you can tell the difference), launch control (works great}, track apps, etc., Trackey really does change the car.
I am not partial to any brand, I just love cars in general and have driven many modern muscle/sports cars but this car puts a smile on my face every time I go for a ride, I want other cars but I can't see myself giving up the Boss to get them just yet.

65sohc

Established Member
the clincher is the trackey - lumpy idle (wish it was more aggressive but you can tell the difference), launch control (works great}, track apps, etc., Trackey really does change the car.
The TracKey idle effect is really dampened by the side pipes. I have short stubby turn downs and QTC electric cutouts and it sounds like a vintage racer. Since my cutouts are remote-controlled I can stand about 10 feet away from the car and open and close the exhaust until the idle sounds just right. The lope is definitely something I will miss if I do decide to change cars.

IamRacerX

Established Member
No question the track key idle is very cool! One of the many touches that makes the Boss more special.

Wile E. Coyote

Established Member
I bought mine in Pensacola Florida around October of 2013 was almost about to jump into a GT500 when I seen this beautiful GHIG Boss 302 on the floor. So I ask the guy what someone didn't like it. He replied oh no that's new only got 10 miles on it. Needless to say I jumped all over it and drove it out that day. 2013 Boss 302 GHIG # 3200.

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
Still got mine from April 2012 while i was still deployed. Didn't get to drive it for 6 months lol.

torkey

Established Member
Im glad to see all the boss love in here lol. I bought a 2013 PW Boss new and ended up getting rid of it several months later. I had a overheat issue after a technician didnt clamp on a radiator hose properly and then after that an issue with a stutter/misfire that I FOUGHT with the local dealership service manager about insisting that it was a crank sensor O-ring that was causing the issue and low and behold after weeks of a master tech driving my car home at night to replicate the issue and me offering to pay to just swap it out (which was super cheap- I just couldnt get them to agree to do it) the problem finally went away. I had it in for the car after that probably. Just kind of swore off giving any business to the local ford places here and I was never really in love with the car prior to that. I loved the seats, I will give it that- but I hated how heavy the car felt (I probably should have gone with the LS which is a little firmer and I may not have my qualms), the interior, and most of all the transmission. Why they didnt run the Tremec in the boss idk. I ended up cycling through a couple other vehicles and ending up with a C5 Z06 which I really do love (flamesuit on for the interior comments lol). But I really cant find many disappointments with it. I have NEVER been a Chevy or a Corvette guy but after driving one I couldn't resist picking one up. The GT350R though is REALLY making me question my recent Ford aversion- even with it being a couple hundred pounds heavier than the boss, I think it will manage it well.

Last edited:

cbj5259

Established Member
Bought mine new June 9th 2012. Still love it just as much as I did the first day. Would like to pick up a GT350 maybe someday.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
I bought my '13 PW BOSS in July of 2012. I was looking for a RWD, manual, and high HP car, because I was tired of tracking my auto corolla.

I ended up Ordering the BOSS from SC. The car got delivered at midnight and I didn't know how to drive a manual!! The delivery truck driver got a good chuckle out of that.

I waited until 2am, headed to 7-11 parking lot and taught myself how to drive stick based on youtube videos. After a year of owning the car, I finally felt comfortable enough to track the car... Which lead me to find out that the car wasn't really as "track ready" as Ford advertised it!!

...but 3 years and a decent amount of upgrades later, I absolutely love the car and don't see myself selling it ever, yet :p

302 Hi Pro

Established Member
I special ordered my 2012 Kona Blue Boss 302 in October 2011, she was built in the third week of November 2011 and I took delivery the third week of December 2011. At first, I wasn't sure about the white roof, but now, I wouldn't change it as its part of what makes our cars so special.

My motivation to buy this car was the U code engine with all forged internals and a 7,500 RPM red line, as I only wanted a naturally aspirated engine.

This car suites me very well and now that the S550 is here, I kinda feel like I have an old car, but I like it. As far as mods? Well I've done a few, actually probably more than most but this car responds so well to mods and it is very easy to work on if you like doing work on your own car.

Still very happy with my Boss and surprisingly enough the amount of unsolicited attention she gets amazes me. Most every time I take her out, someone comes buy, or stops me just to say, "I love your Mustang", or "She sounds so good", etc.

I have met many Mustang enthusiast and all in all, they are a great group of people.

Hope you have fun with your Boss 302 as well,
Regards,
302 Hi Pro

LostPony

Established Member
I bought mine in March of 2012... and traded it in November of 2015 for a low mileage, 7400, 2009 Z06. I planned to keep it, the Boss, forever but I am a car whore and got bored. I don't like doing mods and prefer to enjoy a car the way the manufacturer made it. I loved my Boss, but I am finding that the things I thought I could live without, I actually enjoy having on my new to me car. Heated seats, Sirius/XM radio, navigation and way quieter exhaust are a few reasons I like the new toy, and my wife finds it more comfortable to ride in.

And oh yeah, the extra 100 ft-lbs of torque is really nice too!

Enjoy your Boss guys, and if you happen to see 2012 Boss #2758, send 'em my way so I can pass along the owner's kit and car cover.

IamRacerX

Established Member
I bought mine in March of 2012... and traded it in November of 2015 for a low mileage, 7400, 2009 Z06. I planned to keep it, the Boss, forever but I am a car whore and got bored. I don't like doing mods and prefer to enjoy a car the way the manufacturer made it. I loved my Boss, but I am finding that the things I thought I could live without, I actually enjoy having on my new to me car. Heated seats, Sirius/XM radio, navigation and way quieter exhaust are a few reasons I like the new toy, and my wife finds it more comfortable to ride in.

And oh yeah, the extra 100 ft-lbs of torque is really nice too!

Enjoy your Boss guys, and if you happen to see 2012 Boss #2758, send 'em my way so I can pass along the owner's kit and car cover.
I had a C6 Z06 before my Boss.... They are bad ass!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread