Ordered a F150 (odd spec)

T56LS102

Established Member
So I wanted a gas saver dd F150 that can pull a small trailer once in a while. Below is what i ordered and just got the email it is built, wonder how long till it actually ships and gets to the dealer?

-So supercrew cab with 6.7' bed, 2wd, 2.7, with trailer tow pkg, payload pkg, tow mirrors. So basically small motor 2wd and all the tow packages lol, I believe packaged this way payload will be close to if not over 2klbs!

-Went with 2.7 because after driving it I was very impressed with the power!

-Went 2wd as I live in socal, extremely rare I would ever need 4wd. Brings down the price of the truck, increases payload capacity, increases MPG.

-Never in my life did I know you could get a longer bed in a full 4 door F150! Dealers just never stock them apparently, too long a truck I guess!

Attachments

• windowstickerF150.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 109

T56LS102

Established Member
@03cobra#694 Thanks! yeah I hear ya, I am convinced (at least dealers here in my area) have no ****ing clue what they are doing when they order trucks for their inventory. I have seen F150s with tow mirrors but with no tow pkg what so ever! I have seen one with the smart payload scale and that's it, no tow package lol. Again, absolutely no clue what they are clicking off when they order their inventory. I'm sure @13COBRA has seen his share of examples from other dealers lol

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
That's why I ordered my 18 Lariat. I didn't want a 4 door, and no dealer had one in the color I wanted. Only thing that pissed me off was the LED headlight deal. I just wanted those, but needed a some stupid package for stupid money to get them. Did them and the fogs for a couple hundred bucks. The console shift was a option back then, and that was a must for $600. Just never though about the bigger tank. Not a biggie, as I only fill it up every 3 weeks.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
The 6.7’ bed is throwing me for a loop.

Is a SuperCrew the 4 full-size door equipped cab, or the 2 full/2 half door?

I thought a 5.5 and 6.5 were the only options on the supercrew, and a 6.5 and whatever the longer option is were available on the regular crew cab.

Maybe things changed with the body change in 22/23?

Edit: I still think ~58,000 is a hell of a lot of money for an F150 that isn’t absolutely loaded with everything.

I hate inflation.

T56LS102

Established Member
@72MachOne99GT I stand corrected, it is 6.5 foot bed.

Dealer is giving me $4k off, also ford has $3k off and 1.9 for 60mo.
@Klaus Thanks! I told the dealer this will be a unicorn truck! They said nope, just a very rare odd spec truck so don't back out on it and dump it on us lol.
@Morgan I agree!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
@72MachOne99GT I stand corrected, it is 6.5 foot bed.

Dealer is giving me $4k off, also ford has $3k off and 1.9 for 60mo.
@Klaus Thanks! I told the dealer this will be a unicorn truck! They said nope, just a very rare odd spec truck so don't back out on it and dump it on us lol.
@Morgan I agree!

That makes a lot more sense. I knew Chevy alerted some of their bed dimensions recently, but didn’t think Ford had.

SC/6.5’ bed/36g tank

That’s a start to success.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm on my second crew cab/6.5'/36gal truck and I can't see having it any other way. I'd like to be on my third right now (coming up on 130k), but I just can't justify it.
IMG_3946.JPG

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm on my second crew cab/6.5'/36gal truck and I can't see having it any other way. I'd like to be on my third right now (coming up on 130k), but I just can't justify it.View attachment 1811064

Looks good. We didn’t spec ours from the factory as the ‘15s were pretty far into their run when I went searching.

Dealer ran a search for everything you mentioned above, but in BlueJean and one showed up in a 3 state radius. I prefer the color matched bumpers to the xlt chrome package but beggars and choosers etc…

T56LS102

Established Member
@72MachOne99GT I completely agree regarding chrome, I am not a big fan of it but a deal breaker is 6 seater and you are very limited if you want that, I picked the highest trim level you can get and still keep it a bench seat, once you choose sport appearance pkg you get a center console (which I did not want).

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm on my second crew cab/6.5'/36gal truck and I can't see having it any other way. I'd like to be on my third right now (coming up on 130k), but I just can't justify it.View attachment 1811064

i go back and forth on the 6.5' bed. there are plenty of times in the city it would be a real problem getting in/out of places but it'd be nice to put my atv in the back and shut the tailgate and not have to put a bbq glove between the muffler and my bed cover

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
@72MachOne99GT I completely agree regarding chrome, I am not a big fan of it but a deal breaker is 6 seater and you are very limited if you want that, I picked the highest trim level you can get and still keep it a bench seat, once you choose sport appearance pkg you get a center console (which I did not want).

I never made that connection.

All Lariats and above are center console/shifted?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
$60k before incentives for a 2wd 1/2 ton truck. Ford has lost their damn minds. Glad you are scoring some discounts.

Nice truck bro! I ordered a brand new 1 ton dually in 2021 and it was a first time order experience for me. I enjoyed it. Good luck!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
$60k before incentives for a 2wd 1/2 ton truck. Ford has lost their damn minds. Glad you are scoring some discounts.

Nice truck bro! I ordered a brand new 1 ton dually in 2021 and it was a first time order experience for me. I enjoyed it. Good luck!
It's nuts. I was toying with a new one to replace my 5 year old 18 till I built it and saw the price.

Users who are viewing this thread