Options Pricing Leaked

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
They're probably just doing it to make it an official 50th anniversary model. I'm sure it's just going to be a 2016 with a different VIN. There's only 137 of them even being made, I really don't understand the fuss. Only 137 people out of thousands that are interested are going to get one. Just treat the car as a 2016 model and take a deep breath.

Lemers

Established Member
I don't know how VINs are issued. Is there anything legal to require Ford to issue 2016 VINs after they restart production.

The way I see it...the first 137 GT350s produced Ford just issues 2015 VINs then continues on with the 2016s.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
They're probably just doing it to make it an official 50th anniversary model. I'm sure it's just going to be a 2016 with a different VIN. There's only 137 of them even being made, I really don't understand the fuss. Only 137 people out of thousands that are interested are going to get one. Just treat the car as a 2016 model and take a deep breath.

That is exactly why they did it. But why hide the allocation process from the dealers themselves? Seems odd.

You are right in the grand scheme of things I dont see the 15 being any more valuable than the 16/17 because its not different in any way. I look at the value of used cars appreciating because of low build numbers based on differences. 69 Trans Am and the 63 Corvette are valuable today not based on the year but because there was a low build number for a certain body type of style.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
That is exactly why they did it. But why hide the allocation process from the dealers themselves? Seems odd.

You are right in the grand scheme of things I dont see the 15 being any more valuable than the 16/17 because its not different in any way. I look at the value of used cars appreciating because of low build numbers based on differences. 69 Trans Am and the 63 Corvette are valuable today not based on the year but because there was a low build number for a certain body type of style.

I don't know about everyone else, but it seems to me that Ford has people's attention by going this "top secret" route that they've been going lately. Stringing out tidbits of specs for extended periods to build anticipation actually seems to keep the mass market very excited. For people like us that follow it closely, it's borderline disgusting, but for the masses, it seems to pull everyone's attention back to the same product over and over again.

They've been talking about the GT350 since before the 2015 GT came out. Yet, automotive news is talking about it as if it were announced yesterday every time they release new info. Maybe, just maybe, Ford knows what the F*** they're doing.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I don't know about everyone else, but it seems to me that Ford has people's attention by going this "top secret" route that they've been going lately. Stringing out tidbits of specs for extended periods to build anticipation actually seems to keep the mass market very excited. For people like us that follow it closely, it's borderline disgusting, but for the masses, it seems to pull everyone's attention back to the same product over and over again.

They've been talking about the GT350 since before the 2015 GT came out. Yet, automotive news is talking about it as if it were announced yesterday every time they release new info. Maybe, just maybe, Ford knows what the F*** they're doing.

+1000000

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

These are two completely different conversations.
1. Ford does not share with its dealers how they will sell the 2015 GT350. I have no idea why. All the dealers know about 2016 allocation but they have no clue on 15 allocation. Back room deals anyone?

2. Ford is keeping a very close and tight lid on the numbers specs and data the GT350 is going to produce and we should know exactly why. As you say Ford knows what they are doing. First production is still months away with the 16's labeled as a 4th quarter car. This car was never meant to be out this early and Ford Performance still has much work to do. Ford wants to keep this data from competitors for as long as possible. There is simply no need to share that information this early.

Now having said that with the rumor of the 2015 GT350 everyone thinks the car is now late and the information is late too. This information was never supposed to be out this early.

mike.s

Established Member
I wonder of they are having problems with the car. historically hasn't ford always released the mustang in may/june instead of august/September like most vehicles? so the 16s shold be hitting the streets right about now

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I wonder of they are having problems with the car. historically hasn't ford always released the mustang in may/june instead of august/September like most vehicles? so the 16s shold be hitting the streets right about now

There are no problems. It takes time to release a car and everything that needs to get done from ford testing to all the federal regulations you need to pass. It was never meant to be out earlier.
The fans don't believe this because of all the hints and testing from last year and the rumor of the 15 model year. Now all of a sudden everyone thinks it's late.

The 03 Mach 1 came out in Nov 02.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I look on a few fronts, including the CARB and EPA sites for certifications (still not issued). I've also been scouring Ford's parts system for anything GT350 related, especially since a large number of parts were leaked months ago and then pulled. I did see this one pop up, a listing for a front brake hub (the other side listing is up as well)...

_brake%20hub%20for%202015%20with%20SVT%20package%205%2024%202015.jpg

And that's it. I'm interested in purchasing a GT350 TR3160 shifter to dissect and will order one (VIN in hand if needed) as soon as they are listed (or aren't listed:)).

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Hubs and Half-shaft changes are interesting between the different models I4/6cyl-GT-GT350-GT350R.

jlauth

Established Member
What do you think the chances are of getting these cars for slightly over invoice pricing? I was able to do this with my Raptor ($500 over invoice), and man I am hoping that by 2017MY or hopefully they will push this model out to 2018 even. Obviously this wont happen right away BC of ADM, but when ordering a car to my specifications I don't really think the dealer deserves much of my $ to place the order and take the plastic off the car when it arrives.

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
I am hearing many dealers are asking 5K MSRP. Does anyone know a dealer that is closer to at least MSRP?

5-6K is what I keep getting told.

I still have one dealer on the backburner cause they won't even acknowledge the ability to order one despite admitting months ago they bought into the program.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
What do you think the chances are of getting these cars for slightly over invoice pricing?
I would not think chances very likely on this first allocation. Maybe later, but it all depends on how the market responds once the initial volley of rabid buys is sated...
I am hearing many dealers are asking 5K MSRP. Does anyone know a dealer that is closer to at least MSRP?
The dealer I worked with in Ohio had no issue offering me a car at MSRP. He just can't get an "R", and that's really what I hoped to get. I don't think anyone will see an "R" at MSRP.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Here's a thought about those mysterious 137 '15 GT350/GT350R. Maybe they're press cars? Or since it's so secretive as to what dealers got them, do you think maybe HERTZ is getting all of them??

jlauth

Established Member
I would not think chances very likely on this first allocation. Maybe later, but it all depends on how the market responds once the initial volley of rabid buys is sated...
The dealer I worked with in Ohio had no issue offering me a car at MSRP. He just can't get an "R", and that's really what I hoped to get. I don't think anyone will see an "R" at MSRP.

From these order forms it appears that it should be no different to order an R than a standard GT350...or at least in the future. I could see it being limited at first while ramping up production, and I could see dealers really trying to ADM those heavier. MSRP is good but hopefully in a year or so when the waters have calmed down the buyer will have more control.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
From these order forms it appears that it should be no different to order an R than a standard GT350...or at least in the future. I could see it being limited at first while ramping up production, and I could see dealers really trying to ADM those heavier. MSRP is good but hopefully in a year or so when the waters have calmed down the buyer will have more control.
The email my dealer shared with me is that "R"s are awarded in 2 ways:
- sell 3 GT350's, you get one "R" to sell
- once the above allocations are met, all additional cars awarded in a lottery - dealers get one "chip" in the lottery for every "X" Mustangs (any) sold (I don't recall but I think "X" =10)

The initial allocation of "R"s was solely on volume. Hooterville Ford did not get one, but they got a GT350 to sell.

Also - the email said "R" production will continue for the length of the 16/17 model run - but would NOT be produced during Ford "winter months" - which IIRC was Nov -> May.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread