Opinions please

98turbo

Established Member
My new motor is almost ready for pickup. This is motor number 3 in this car. I have 61k miles on it and never been over 520whp. I want this one to last. My question is, should I upgrade the blower to help with engine longevity? I know the eaton produces a lot of heat, so will a twin screw be that much better? My goal of 600whp should be easily attainable with a smaller twin screw. What do you guys think?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I'd get to the bottom of why you have blown up twice with such a basic combo before I worry about upgrading blowers. What is your fuel system?

98turbo

Established Member
I bought the car on its second engine. Guy before me assembled it himself. It spun a bearing apparently because I was hot lapping. Now that I've spent all this money on a new engine, I wanna be as safe as possible.

I'm tuned running 16psi and 17 degrees if timing. 60lb injectors, ba2800, and bap.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Throw in some twin 255 pumps, add your choice of TS blower, and get a quality tune on E85. You'll only need to run 15-16 psi to get to your 600rwhp goal and the e85 will allow a large safety margin with excellent cooling. Research your tuner extremely well and that motor will live a long happy life on e85

Users who are viewing this thread