Opinions needed on a travel trailer

Blown 89

Established Member
whatever you decide, stay away from forest river. total shitboxes
I can't stress this enough. I have a Dynamax class C made by Forest River and it literally just falls apart. I was at a campground last weekend and the RV next to me was another Forest River brand and they said theirs was just as bad.

Run Forest, Run!

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Yes, 5th wheel can give you more trailer without being extremely long when towing.

A lot of good advice here. I like the "go bigger than you think you need" idea. Also, covering it is a great idea.

It really comes down to customer support. The components in a trailer don't vary much brand to brand. Actual build quality and factory support are key. That's why I own a Grand Design.

Grand Design here too, '19 20BHE, top notch customer service.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
This is my wife's idea of a travel trailer.
2018-DRV-Elite-Suites-Southern-Night-Exterior.jpg

Why should you suffer when you're "roughing it"?

fireman02

Established Member
If buying new, get a minimum of 25% off MSRP, but work towards 30%. Travel trailers have a ridiculous markup. Also, if you’re sticking to a 1/2 ton, keep the total weight under 8k at a minimum. Anything over that, go to a 3/4ton truck.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
We just picked up a jayco jay flight. Entry level but it works great for us and it’s well built. My in laws have a white hawk which is a little nicer and it’s been a good camper

Users who are viewing this thread